Home Buying in Barefoot Bay>Question Details

William P Sn…, Real Estate Pro in Barefoot Bay, FL

how did this sell in less then 1 day? somethings fishy...

Asked by William P Snay, Barefoot Bay, FL Sat Mar 9, 2013

531 persimmon dr on market less then a day and i was told theirs a contract pending.

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3111243126-531-Persimmon-Dr-B…

Answers

9
Hi Bill,

Please let me know when you and your wife are available to look again at houses.

Warm regards,
Diane
The home went on the market late afternoon, was shown at 8am the following morning, and a contract presented before lunch time. Nothing fishy, just someone jumped on it the minute the sign went up.
William,
In this market, right here in the Tampa Bay area, this is not uncommon.
You should be aware, by the time a home appears in the MLS, it very likely has been presented to MANY groups of buyers.

Group 1.
The specific buyer who specified they want to buy this home and it was not for sale.

Group 2
The buyers who are on the agents 'First Look' program. These buyers have identified what the will buy and will offer 'FAIR MARKET VALUE' as supported by the data.

Group 3
Agents in my office

Group 4
All REMAX agents

Group 5
Area agents with whom I have done business.

Group 6
My complete data base. That's a whole lot more than 1000 folks who are in the mood.

Group 7
MLS

Group 8
Those trolling aggregate websites.
-
This IS how I market a home for sale. If you are not committed to a real estate professional, it is likely you won't even see the good stuff. And when you agent notifies you 'your' home is waiting, you won't have all day to think about it.
Today's buyers must be:
1. decisive
2. able
3. adaptable
4. bold with their offer.
-
Today's consumers, buyer and seller want choice. Sellers want a fair price and if possible to skip all the real estate nonsense. That solution means you need to be connected.
What is great about real estate is you, the consumer, always have the freedom of choice.
-
If you are serious about buying a home in Barefoot Bay, you should consider picking up the phone and calling a real estate professional. No, don't use that 'contact' link. No, don't rely on Trulia email. If you are serious you will go old school and pick up the phone.

Don't take it personal. It is just business. Nothing fishy.

Best of success to you,
Annette Lawrence, Broker/Associate
Remax Realtec Group
Palm Harbor, FL
727.420.4041
http://RealEstateMadeEZ.us

Scotsdale Bluffs, Dunedin Home Tour
http://youtu.be/KTuVUxNDpOQ
Hi Mr. Snay,

All of the answers you received are spot on. It's not unusual to see this happen. No, nothing fish going on! Let me know if I can help you with anything else!

Lou
Hi Mr Snay: Thank you for your inquiry. The listing you inquired about is listed with another office and I did not write the offer. This is a sellers market now and homes are selling rapidly. I don't control the market the buyers do. I have more buyers than we have homes available This is why it is a sellers market. If you are looking to buy a home then I recommend you work with a Realtor that searched for homes on the MLS several times a day as they come on market all day long. I would also suggest if you are to obtain a loan to get approved , not PRE-approved. But approved. This strengthens your position if you are in compitions with other buyers. Give a large earnest money deposit to be held in an escrow account until you close on the house, And close in the shortest time possible. I hope this helps. Your name is familar. Do I know you? Or is it a name I'm familar with as my cousins married a Snay in MA.
Yes the market is not a buyers market anymore. The last four offers we wrote were within the first 24 hrs and they were beat out because of bidding wars. Going above list prices is becoming very common again.

Tracy Hoyt
Not at all uncommon. As the others said the paperwork to list property can take days to a week or more and longer if it is bank owned. In that time agents that know about it can show and talk about the property to buyers or investors they know or are working with so the second it is listed an offer can be made and accepted, sometimes the same day.
Listing agent either had a buyer or spoke to people in his office who had someone looking. Not really that odd.

I am sure the seller is tickled to death it ONLY took a day. Hopefully they earned a bonus.

Cheers
The chances are the listing agent had pre-marketed the property to his/her own database and had a buyer ready to go. Not necessarily the fairest way to do things but unfortunately it happens very often.