Home Buying in Rodeo>Question Details

Alembong, Home Buyer in Rodeo, CA

how come the listing on trulia does not match the mls. Like i saw a foreclosed house for 20k.but when i ask a realtor they will say its not on mls.

Asked by Alembong, Rodeo, CA Thu Oct 22, 2009

Lisa Jonsson’s answer
Many of the homes listed on Trulia are still in the foreclosure process and are still occupied by the owners. They are not yet for sale, but will show up as listings, with the data being pulled from Realty Trac. If you would like a list of properties currently on the market, please let me know and I can email them to you.
It is almost certainly a Realty Trac listing, the purpose of which is to get you to subscribe to their service ($49.50) to get information any Realtor can get you for free. My fellow Windermere agent Carl Medford has a thorough explanation at
Hi, must probably you are looking at a Realtry Trac "listing" advertising. Is it?
Hi Alembong,
It's possibly a foreclosure and the reflected price is the amount that the trustor (distressed homeowner) is behind on the mortgage.

It happens.

Jes Sierra, B.Sc.
Chino Hills, Ca
Dear Alembong,

Good question....this is certainly not the first time this has happened and I am sure it is far from the last. The MLS has strict guidlines about being accurate. Trulia unfortunately does not have the same guidlines in place.