Astika, Home Buyer in 11209

how cani find insurance amounts and tax amounts for a coop?

Asked by Astika, 11209 Wed Apr 10, 2013

This question was asked from this property:…

Help the community by answering this question:


Diana Melerud’s answer
The property manager of the building has that information, and usually they will not disclose any information regarding the property s financials, unless you are in the process of purchasing the unit. The other route is if the current owner has keep documentation of the financials that usually sent to them on a annual basis. Thanks Diana Melerud 917 992 7239 SUPERIOR REALTY SERVICE
Diana Melerud
Superior Realty Broker
2008 Ave Y
Brooklyn, NY 11235
Office: 1(347)554-8282
Fax: 1(347)554-8283
Cell: 1(917)992-7239
See My Listings:
Superior Realty:
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 18, 2013
Dear Astika:

You best bet would be to calll the company that manages your co-op and ask them. The management company's name and phone number should be posted somewhere in your lobby, elevator or mailbox area. If I can be of further assistance or if you would need help buying or selling a property, please contact me direct.

Mitchell S. Feldman
Associate Broker/ Director of Sales
Madison Estates & Properties, Inc.
Office: (718) 645-1665/ Cell: (917) 805-0783
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Apr 11, 2013
The Real Estate Taxes and the building insurance is included in the monthly maintenance for a co-op.
As an owner of a co-op you should get home owners insurance, but it is more like a tenants policy, that covers your personal stuff and interior fixtures and fittings as well as your liability but not the whole building. Ask an insurance broker for that estimate.
This is an example of the myth that condo's have lower charges. Condo common charges do not include Real Estate Taxes and so much more.
Kathryn Lilly
Realty on the Greene, LLC
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Apr 11, 2013
The best way is to ask the Realtor who is helping you search for co-ops. Co-ops do not require you to pay taxes, just monthly maintenance. The monthly insurance you'll find from an insurance agency, but it's similar to the cost of tenant insurance.

If my response was helpful, consider clicking BEST ANSWER!

Javier Meneses
Senior Loan Officer
NMLS #23130
310 Crossways Park Drive
Woodbury, NY 11797
(516) 606-9648
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 10, 2013
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer