Home Buying in Rensselaer>Question Details

Scarlet123, Home Buyer in Rensselaer, NY

how can i trade my home for another home?

Asked by Scarlet123, Rensselaer, NY Sun Jul 18, 2010

Property swapping (aka equity exchange) isn't new, and it happens all of the time. More often than not, swappers work with investors or they'll use one of the various online exchange sites to market/sell their properties. A 2-way exchange happens when seller A agrees to buy seller B's property only if seller B also agrees to buy seller A's property. However, sometimes seller B might not want to buy seller A's property, and in those cases seller A would have to participate in a multi-way exchange.

Anyway, the more flexible that you are on your price/terms, the more likely you'll be able to do a swap.

Please feel free to contact me for more details.
The concept really is not as easy as it sounds--if you need/want to move, consider selling your property instead, and looking for another property.
As Ralph said, it is extremely rare; both parties would obviously like each others property. There are oher alternatives that could possibly allow you to move forward with a purchase prior to a sale. Email me at jbustelos@nyrealtorgrp.com or call me at (518) 330-2230 and we can talk further. Feel free to visit our website for additional information on selling and buying a home, http://www.nyhomes4sale.com I hope to hear from you soon.
Jason Bustelos; LREB
New York Realtor Group, LLC
While possible, I have never been involved in such a transaction and I would imagine the chances of getting something like that done are quite slim. Ultimately, you will probably need to merely list and sell your property and then purchase another.

Ralph Windschuh
Century 21 Princeton Properties