Home Buying in Brockton>Question Details

Vic, Home Buyer in Brockton, MA

how can i look up Realtor? I want to see if he's good

Asked by Vic, Brockton, MA Thu Jul 30, 2009

Answers

5
As a sellers agent?

Ask him to tell you home many homes he has sold this year and at what percentage of list price and in how many days....that should give you a good idea.
The answers below are good ones. In today's market with over 90% of real estate business starting online you want a strong online agent. Whether buying or selling - a tech savvy agent is a must. Googling an agents name will certainly tell you how strong they on online.

Once you find a couple REALTORS® online that you have researched AND like what you saw - interview them. Watch their presentation - the information they provide about the area your home is in. Decide whether you want to work with an agent that has a large team (consider you may not speak with that agent again, but someone on their team) or one that handles the entire process themselves or perhaps with an assistant. And then take a close look at their marketing plans (that should be in writing). Then lastly look at the CMA they provide you with (again in writing) that supports the price they believe your home will SELL FOR and in what time frame.

Good luck - oh, and you might want to watch what other designations they have as well. GRI & CRS are too very strong designations that require agents to go the extra effort in training...
Vic

If yuo want to check out a realtor, you can go onto http://www.marealtor.com and search realtors, the board will tell you if there have been any complaints or fines placed on their license.

If you want to check out their ability, ask him for refrences and then follow up. Contact other buyers he has represented and see what they say.

If you are comfortable with this person, then he is the guy for you, if you are not happy with the results, move on and interview other realtors.

As a Realtor is MA & RI, it is expected that an agent would be interviewed and should be prepared to answer yuor questions, as in any job interview. After all, the broker is working for YOU.!!!!!

As far as another realtor checking someone out for you, I am not sure that this an ethical thing to do.

Check out the realtors board - everyone with a license in MA is monitred by them.
Hi Vic- If you'd like, I can confidentially ask around for you- we have branch offices all over Massachusetts and its likely that one of my work colleagues knows or knows of the realtor you have in mind. We could give you a quick head's up on them. That's the best I can personally offer.

I guess you need to figure out, also, what is the definition of "good". Many parts to that. Some of it is a personality thing as well. If you use a realtor that does agreat job but you absolutely clash with and can't stand, it may not be a great match for you to work with for 6-9 months, etc.
Feel free to email me directly if you'd like. Thanks and good luck,

Ken L.
Territoryre.com
Savings plus Service

If you are looking for someone specific just google their name and interview them. Ask for their statistics with home buyers (average discount they negotiate of list price and how many deals they have done where they ust represent home buyers versus deals where they represent sellers and home buyers, etc). You dont want to work with someone who has a high number of representing the buyer and seller in the same deal. Red flag.