Kikis, Home Buyer in Houston County, TX

how can i get out of a lease to purchase agreement?

Asked by Kikis, Houston County, TX Wed Feb 1, 2012

I was told that I was buying the mobile home, now after almost 1 year of paying the house I find out that I was renting to own! they ask me for 5600 dlls for the down payment they told me Iwas buying!! I miss 1 house payment and he send me to court and did and eviction. please help what can i do??

Answers

4
You should speak to an attorney, without reading through your agreement it's hard to know exactly what to advise you. I would also contact your State Attorney General's office and file a complaint. Here's the link to their site:
https://www.oag.state.tx.us/consumer/complain.shtml

I hope you're able to work things out and wish you the best of luck.
Yeek! Sounds to me like you need an attorney. Find the paperwork that you originally signed and find an attorney to guide you. Be sure to work with a real estate attorney.

Good luck to you,
Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Service, Unsurpassed Results
thank you for you answer! the thing is that i don't have an agent or attorney. the only thing i know is that i lost my money and im not buyin now im only renting and i dont know what to do! I feel so stressed!
Talk to your agent and to the attorney.