Kikis, Home Buyer in Houston County, TX

how can i get out of a lease to purchase agreement?

Asked by Kikis, Houston County, TX Wed Feb 1, 2012

I was told that I was buying the mobile home, now after almost 1 year of paying the house I find out that I was renting to own! they ask me for 5600 dlls for the down payment they told me Iwas buying!! I miss 1 house payment and he send me to court and did and eviction. please help what can i do??

Help the community by answering this question:


You should speak to an attorney, without reading through your agreement it's hard to know exactly what to advise you. I would also contact your State Attorney General's office and file a complaint. Here's the link to their site:

I hope you're able to work things out and wish you the best of luck.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Feb 2, 2012
Yeek! Sounds to me like you need an attorney. Find the paperwork that you originally signed and find an attorney to guide you. Be sure to work with a real estate attorney.

Good luck to you,
Jeanne Feenick
Unwavering Commitment to Service, Unsurpassed Results
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Feb 2, 2012
thank you for you answer! the thing is that i don't have an agent or attorney. the only thing i know is that i lost my money and im not buyin now im only renting and i dont know what to do! I feel so stressed!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Feb 1, 2012
Talk to your agent and to the attorney.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Feb 1, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer