Home Buying in Indio>Question Details

Hrrju3, Home Buyer in Palm Desert, CA

how can i find homes for sale by owner,not a site but true owners in palm desert, indio, la quinta?

Asked by Hrrju3, Palm Desert, CA Fri May 18, 2012

Answers

6
Please contact me at 760-990-3524 or vladojurcic@yahoo.com I am out of USA at the time but will be back next month.

I have home in Indian Palms CC.3 bed. 3ba 2200SF.over 150K up grate.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 21, 2012
Best to use a Realtor - why do all that work yourself .

Soila Thompson
Buyers' Agent
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 7, 2012
Your bet bet is in the Desert Sun Classified and/or driving around the neighborhoods...................If you want to do that on your own, that's your choice. If you want a pro, call /email me.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 19, 2012
The real question is Why Would You want spend hours riding around looking for a home that is a for-sale-by owner???? Most of the time the reason that a home is for sale by owner is that the owner is not willing to listen to a realisting pricing strategy or they are upside down in their home and don't have a clue how to work a short sale so the only thing they know how to do is to put out a sign - FSBO and posssibly run an ad on the internet. Therefore, freqently the FSBOs are above market price for the value of what is in the home.

If you were sick, would you go from health food store to health food store to talk with a $7 hour clerk who works in the vitamin department to ask them for a recommendation for what would cure your illness. Probably not... so why would you spend your time, gas, and mental energy looking for a FSBO when 97% of FSBOs end up listing with a realtor because the owner was never able to sell his home. Did you know that the inventor of the FSBO website put his personal residence up for sale himself and couldn't sell it. He eventually listed with a realtor who got the job done.

If I can be of further help, email me at: Sharonfuria@aol.com
That is ridiculous advice. For sale by owner is not for desperate people
as realtors want you to believe.It is usually because owners do not want to pay such ridiculous commissions. Homeowners have become quite savvy about selling and only giving 1.5 - 2.5 commision and realtors are only wanting more revenue in their pockets. They want the same paydays they had in "Boom Market" it is greed. Owners are quite capable of selling homes and opening up escrow just as well as Realtors.
Flag Thu May 31, 2012
Call me for help, I live in Indio. Eroca Kay, Broker
I would suggest checking the real estate sections of the local newspapers, pennysaver or other similar publications and simply driving around the areas you are interested in. However it seems that for sale by owner homes are not very popular today because of all the legal complications that can arise for the owner selling the home.

Good Luck

Daniel Harms
Tarbell, Realtors - Upland
951-232-5382
dharms@tarbell.com