Cheri, Home Buyer in 48617

how can i find a land contract in clare mi?

Asked by Cheri, 48617 Mon Feb 15, 2010

Hi Cheri, I work in Clare County and would be happy to help you. The questions I always ask my buyers are how much do you have for a down payment? (10% is usually the minimum necessary). And, is there anything major that will show up on a credit report pulled such as a recent foreclosure or bankruptcy? Get in touch with me if you'd like me to search further and we can discuss your situation. Thank you!
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Feb 16, 2010
Call a local realtor in Clare- they can help.

Gerald Feenstra
RE/MAX of Grand Rapids
Cell: (616) 706-2674
Office: (616) 791-1721
Email: gfeenstra@grar.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Dec 22, 2013
) down payment, but would like to purchase on a land contract where the first yeart or two payments go on the down payment.
I went through a nasty divorce about 2 1/2 yrs ago and my ex let my house go back to the bank and it appears on my credit report, although I have a letter from the judge that granted our divorce stating that he was solely repsonsible for the expenses of the house including the mortgage. Is there a way I can still qualify for a loan? My credit is not very good at 522 right now, but I have a full time job which adequate income to make a house payment. Any help would be appreciated. I would consider a land contract, rural development loan, fha loant etc.
Land contract homes can be found by asking a Realtor for listings. Also, if there are few in your area, I wrote a book to help people understand how they work, and it gives insight in how to find them. It is available as a Kindle eBook on Amazon here: http://www.amazon.com/Understanding-Contract-Pursuit-America…
We have been searching for decent homes/condos that offer a land contract. What we have found is that sometimes people will consider a land contract but they won't list it as a financing option. We had a foreclosure 2 years ago and are working on rebuilding our credit. We still have to wait 3 years before any reputable lender will consider us.
Hi Cheri, the first thing is, the amount down and existing credit history. You are asking a seller to assume the role and risk a lender would normally take giving you a loan. The second is finding the right home or property that meets your needs. We have clients out of our Big Rapids office right now we are helping find land contracts. Most are not listed on local MLS services. We advertise specifically for sellers willing to sell on land contracts. We only help those that are under a buyers contract for legal reasons. We can not advertise without having the client. If you want professional help and see only homes that meet your needs give me a call and I will have our local professional call you for a personal meeting. Hope this helps you.
Web Reference: http://www.FlexitRealty.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat May 15, 2010
Your realtor should be able to search for current homes which are offered for sale on land contract. My question to you though is, why would you want to purchase on Land Contract? Interest rates on LC's are usually higher which can means hundreds more per month.