Home Buying in Bodega Bay>Question Details

Cps, Home Buyer in Bodega Bay, CA

how can I get an engineering report on 6167 N H'way 1, Bodega Bay concerning its stability so close to the edge of the cliff?

Asked by Cps, Bodega Bay, CA Sun Oct 11, 2009

Answers

3
Please give me a call. I am a full time Bodega Bay realtor. There are serious issues with the stability of this area of coast (Gleason Beach). Be very careful. George 707-875-3200
I had a buyer interested in the property a few months ago. I spoke with the listing agent about reports and work that has been done on the cliff below the property. Give me a call and I can pass along some information to you. 707-480-2007 or email cathy@cathysoldati.com
As far as I know an engineering report has NOT been done for this property. I would HIGHLY recommend an engineering study and a soils investigation report if I had a client interested in this property. Since neither of the latter appear have been done it would be up to a buyer to order and obtain them by contacting local firms. Most often these type of inspections and reports can be costly and generally are not performed until a buyer and a seller have agreed upon a sales price and are in contract. An offer could be drawn up offering to purchase the home subject to these reports and sometimes it can be negotiated for the seller to pay for some or all of the report. Anything is up for negotiation, doesn't mean the seller will agree but one can always ask.

If you are working with an agent she/he can contact the listing agent to verify if there are any reports and if so ask for them to be forwarded so you can look at them, but the last time I checked there were no reports. This property has been in the same family for many many years and I guess they never felt the need to check into it.

Lynn Bowen
Domaine Real Estate 707-695-3814 Lynn@DomaineRE.com