Home Buying in Charlotte>Question Details

Judy Guardado, Home Buyer in Charlotte, NC

how can I get a free credit score report?

Asked by Judy Guardado, Charlotte, NC Wed Apr 17, 2013

Answers

8
Call a mortgage lender see if they can help. They may not be able to give you the exact score but, they will let you know if you qualify for a home loan. The score that they can see is the important one, many times things like freecreditscore.com are inaccurate. Hope this helps have a great day!
Web Reference: http://www.jonnyagent.com
getting the credit score is a little more difficult than just getting the credit report. You are entitled to one free credit report every year to check for accuries within the report and get anything you need fixed.

Getting a score may not matter....Depending on what you are looking to purchase your score will vary. I have had numerous clients who paid to get their credit score and thought they were to low to qualify for a mortgage to find out that when the mortgage company pulled their credit they scored upwards of 100 points higher.

Depending on what you are looking to buy; they weigh things on your credit differently....So, if you are in the market for a house or a rental have one of the places or a reputable lender check your credit and score for you to give you an accurate reading on what you actually have.

Dave diCecco
Realtor/Broker
Coldwell Banker United
Cell:704-519-7895
ddicecco@cbunited.com
http://www.davedicecco.com
Annualcreditreport.com lets you pull one free credit report per year for yourself. If you need the FICO score, there is a small additional fee for that.

CreditKarma.com is free, and can be used as a free credit watch - however the score they give you is not a FICO score, but instead an estimate based on "their" formula.

It can get a little expensive, but you'll want to pull a scored report from all 3 credit bureaus (Equifax, TransUnion, and Experian), to really determine where you stand regarding financing.

Another option, is to sign up for 3 months of a "credit watch" service. You'll typically get a free report, but you'll be obligated to pay 15 bucks or so a month for a credit monitoring service. MyFico.com offers this, and I believe they allow you to cancel the service within 10 days - so theoretically you could get one free scored report, then cancel the service. I would check that with their customer service department however for the specifics of cancellation, however.
creditkarma.com seems to have totally free credit reports.
You cannot get a free credit score but everyone is entitield to a free credit report from each of the thee major credit reporting agencies annually. I've attached a link below to the only Federally approved site for this.
IF you are interested in applying for a mortgage loan, just about any lender you work with should be able to provide you with a copy of your report.

Of course you can always ask them first as well.

You can complete your online application via my website and even get your Automated Underwriting Decision if you wish. (Your Realtor will love this feature, btw)
Judy,
The financial insitute that services your banking needs now may be able to provide you with a free credit report; if the credit score number is all you are looking for. If you are looking to purchase a home or working toward that as a goal my best advise would be to talk with a professional that can take your information and give you the adivse about a financilal program that would accomplish what you are looking to do.
Judy, If I can be of service; please feel free to give me a call and I will share with you lenders that many of my clients have used and were very happy with their experience. Please feel free to call me anytime at 704-453-6400.
Hope to hear from you.

Peggy Berry, Realtor
Margaret C. Berry Realtor/Broker
NC Lic. # 44407 SC Lic.# 18449
Call Starkey Mtg 803-909-8200 M Robinson