Home Buying in Harrison>Question Details

Brooklyn, Home Buyer in Harrison, NY

how can I find out if a house in Harrison NY is in a flood zone?

Asked by Brooklyn, Harrison, NY Sat Oct 22, 2011

Answers

9
I am a lifelong Harrison resident and there are certain neighborhoods noted for flooding in the Downtown Harrison area. If you need further help, please feel free to contact me directly.
747-CBANKER
Debbie
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 22, 2011
See link for helpful information.....
http://www.fema.gov/hazard/map/flood.shtm
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 22, 2011
HARRISON IS A DYING TOWN, ESPECIALLY DOWNTOWN. THERE IS NOTHING THERE ANYMORE. AS FOR FLOODING, AS I MENTIONED BELOW, GET YOUR OWN PEOPLE TO CHECK OUT THE HOUSE FOR POTENTIAL PROBLEMS. DON'T BE IN THE DARK AND DON'T LET A REALTOR TALK YOU INTO SOMETHING, WHEN THEY ARE ONLY AFTER A COMMISSION.
Just don't trust realtors. They are only out to sell you something and they really don't give a damn. Do your own homework and hire your own people to check out the house for flooding problems. Good Luck.....
Your local insurance agent has the most recent and compelling information. There are all kinds of flood insurance depending on whether it is low or high hazard area... many homeowners can obtain an elevation survey which can be even more specific as to your needs.... when you want the most information call Jan & Mark Vinikoor

Depth of knowledge, depth of integrity.
Brooklyn,

You got some good answers. FEMA and other feral and state agencies also have flood zone maps available.

Steve
Send me the address and I will look it up at Town Hall for you
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 23, 2011
Hi.....

As state,d you need to look on a fema map. You can go here and enter the address on the left hand side:
http://msc.fema.gov/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/FemaWelcomeVie…

If it is a designated flood zone then you are required to carry flood insurance ( I am also a licensed insurance broker.)

You can also search like an agent with more detailed, up to date information, even such information that it is in a flood zone, with this link: http://www.annemarie.century21.listingbook.com . Just set up a criteria and review the properties that match it!

If you should have any questions, please feel free to give me a call.

Thanking you in advance for your attention to this matter.

AnneMarie Encarnacao, SFR
Century 21 Schneider Realty
914-774-2764
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 22, 2011
Hi: I can help you find out. Basically you need to go to the Town offices & look on a map. You can also have your Insurance Salesperson help you find out what kind of insurance that house will need. If you want my help to research it, please call me at my office: 914-273-9688. Sincerely, Michael F. Levy, Principal Broker, Grand Lux Realty. BTW, we're looking for more agents & offer a 70% commission split with no fees. If you know anybody who might be interested, I'll pay you up to $1,000 each for your agent recruits.