Home Buying in South Linden>Question Details

teresa.evans…, Home Buyer in Columbus, OH

how can I find out about 1st timebuyer programs that also offer help with raising your credit score?

Asked by teresa.evans68, Columbus, OH Thu Dec 20, 2012

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3098518803-1423-E-23rd-Ave-Co…

Answers

4
Hi Teresa, there are several agencies that offer 1st time homebuyer classes, I however would recommend MORPC they not only offer information regarding the home buying process but they also assist with credit and budgeting. Email me at spenn@kw.com and I will forward you information on the MORPC program. Good luck and know that homeownership is an exciting and achievable goal.
lHello Ms.Penn, I am looking for information on the MORPC program. I Thank you.

Blessings!
Flag Sun Feb 10, 2013
Hey there Teresa,

Many banks and brokers have programs out there to assist in 1st time buyer programs. You can easily ask your bank what programs they have. They can vary between banks and mortgage brokers. Often banks are limited with their programs while mortgage brokers have a funnel of lenders to work with.

It is very advisable to connect with a Realtor who has contacts/relationships and success stories of similar closed deals. These programs are easy to qualify for and usually consist of taking a class to qualify during the process. There are income limits to some programs however these programs can save you 2.5% of your downpayment towards a home that typically requires 3.5% down.,

So for example, you want to purchase a $100k home and typical financing would require 3.5% down payment you would be bringing $3500 to close. With some programs, you can get a grant to cover 2.5% of that leaving only $1000 or so to bring to closing., There are even some lenders that can do a zero down program but they are limited. Again, find an agent to work with. Many times it will take patience.

Find someone that has the experience that can coach you through it. A good agent/lender will stick with you even with less than perfect credit to get you there. Hope this helps.

~Todd
Hi Teresa,
I have an excellent Lender who can assist you with rasing your score AND securing down payment assistance. If would like his information you can email me at tanialglover@gmail.com or give me a call my cell 614-735-3970.

Have a Great day!
I have a lender that can assist you with your credit. He offers a program that helps rebuild your credit score over a period of time to put you in a possession to buy soon. Let me know if you would like his information. My email is hay.molly@gmail.com