Home Buying in Grand Rapids>Question Details

Monica, Home Buyer in Egg Harbor Township,...

how are the taxes calculated?

Asked by Monica, Egg Harbor Township, NJ Wed Jul 24, 2013

Answers

3
Taxes are easy to calculate. You will need to know both the homes taxable value, which can often be different from the homes assessed value, and the millage rate for the community the home is in. Then you simply multiply the millage rate by each $1,000 of the homes taxable value.
That should be moving to Michigan! Silly smart phones and auto correct!
Hi Monica

The taxes are based on the state taxable value which is approximately 50o/o of the value of the property. This is then multiple by the taxable rate per community per $1000. For example a $200,000 house taxable value would be
$100,000 tax bill would be grand Rapids home stead rate would be approx, 28. So your tax would 100 x28 or $2800 per year.. These are approx. Taxes are levied I July and September.

Let me know you're moving to. I chicane. Would I've to help you!
just looking for now thinking about it but I will be there next week. would like to talk to an agent would you be available to talk maybe see houses? and are there any senior areas? thanks
Flag Thu Jul 25, 2013