Home Buying in Northwest>Question Details

P. Knox, Home Buyer in Idaho

house was for sale now the MLS expired, house still vacant. What can we do to let owner know we're interested?

Asked by P. Knox, Idaho Tue Mar 4, 2008

While waiting for our house to sell, we searched endlessly for our next "dream" home, but wanted to wait for a solid contract on our own before we got serious. Now that we have a contract on our house, the house we really wanted to look at is off the market. Accoring to our agent friend, the house is still vacant, no sale, and the MLS listing is "expired". We really do like everything about this next house from the outside & would like to somehow contact the owners and at least ask to tour the inside. I understand that people may pull their houses off the market for a while if it's slow, or to change agents, or a million other reasons. But we're in a time crunch & would love to look at this house and at the very least, keep it a top option. Any suggestions?

Answers

13
One way would be to contact the listing agent of the expired listing who could go to the owner and let them know he/she has an interested client or another would be through the tax records at the court house to locate the owner.
P. Knox,

Your Realtor should be able to reach the previous listing agent and explore what the seller's plans are. Once that has been done, have your Realtor contact the seller via public records or the information on the expired listing if any. Usually you can find the seller and at last resort you could write to them at the property address and hope it is forwarded.
It would be a good idea to have your "Agent Friend" represent you, contact the owners and negotiate an acceptable purchase. I'm surprised your "Agent Friend” didn’t offer to do so.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Jun 10, 2008
You can get all that information from title company or tax assessors office and contact the owner of expired listing directly. Or you can get your friendly agent to do the work for you. There was a reason that that house did not sell: it was overpriced, something was wrong with it, deal fell through for some reason. If you have an agent representing you you have a better chance to find out the reason, and negotiate a better price.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Mar 5, 2008
Send me the address and I'll do some research for you. If you'd like to do it on your own, then try the neighbors first. They always know the most personal things. At the same time, check tax records for the current owner mailing address. Send them a love letter. Check with the old listing agent. I'm sure they know how to reach the sellers (unless you're trying to cut them out of the deal). At the same time you can contact the title company of your choice and they can pull all publicly recorded documents for you. Who knows, maybe it's in foreclosure. If you visit http://www.wiebere.com you can see over 300 properties that are marketed as a short sale.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Mar 4, 2008
What is the address? I will look into that for you and find out your best approch!
Jill Potter
jillewood@yahoo.com
the house is now listed with Melanie Clark. Go see her listing at
http://www.flexmls.com/cgi-bin/mainmenu.cgi?cmd=url+other/ru…

her number is

Melanie ClarkWink
REALTOR®,
Tierra Antigua Realty
520-904-3410 (Cell)
http://callmelclark.com
FAX: 520-770-6668
I would suggest that your agent contact the last agent that had it listed. If he or she has a good relationship with the seller they will be happy to help you and your agent get an offer together. That way he or she will still get paid for all the marketing they did and since you did see the house when they had it listed he or she could suggest that they were the procuring cause for the sale if your agent were to contact the seller directly.

If that agent doesn't have any interest in working with the seller, but would share how to reach them, it would be nice for your agent to send them a referral fee for their trouble. It will give your agent a good relationship for future business and the good will would be great for you and your life.

I wish you well in this transaction and hope the seller still owns the home and is willing to sell now that you are ready to buy. Merry Christmas!
i have a team that can search for expired listings and notify interested real estate investors/owners , so if you need our services you can mail us on info@gtcbusiness.net , we could work together .
You can look the address up on the tax assessor website. See if you can find them in the phone book or write them a letter.
Web Reference: http://getprequalified.com
p knox are you talking about the riverfront home in post falls at 5583 shorline drive ???????that was listed by buetler and associates ???????and now is not ?????? let me know wheatehr yr talking about this home or not and do it fast as i personally know the owners of the home and their not wanting at this time to involve realtors and are doing it fsbo eaither way if its the dream home your wanting info on or not let me know either way at Luckyfella2001@aol.com or call me leave a message at 208 691 5507 let me know asap either way thanks
OK, I am a firm believer that things happen for a reason... You should get yourself a dedicated real estate agent and have them search for another property for you. What did you love about this house? Make a list and have your agent research other opportunities. If you need an agent in Idaho, I am glad to research for you...for no fee.......thanks Linda 208-351-4317
I do quite a bit of my business by writing to owners saying that my buyer is interested in purchasing their home! It has worked well for me.Would you let me do that for you? Jill 208-409-0529