Kairi, Home Buyer in California

house foundation problem

Asked by Kairi, California Wed Apr 6, 2011

I want to buy house with foundation problem...fix rent in furure...please advise

Help the community by answering this question:


Hello Kairi,
I'm in agreement that you should either get a structural engineer to evaluate the foundation or simply move on and find a different home. Know that it's important to purchase a home with "good bones" so that there are no structural problems down the road.
Good luck to you!

Laura Feghali
Prudential Connecticut Realty
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 6, 2011
Hi, Even a home inspector will give you a surface idea of what is wrong, they typically recommend bring in a structural engineer. I wouldn't do anything without completing that step. The structure isn't something you want to mess with because it can haunt you in the end.

0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 6, 2011

Sight unseen....it's impossible to tell. This is likely an issue best responded to by a local engineer or general contractor that could evaluate and recommend your best dourse of action.

Good luck,

0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 6, 2011
There are so many homes on the market at reasonable prices without foundation problems.
Please let me know your price range and what you are looking for and I can send you a current active list of available homes.
Phil Rotondo, Realtor
ERA Showcase Properties and Investments
Palm Bay / Melbourne
1-800-780-7770 x-7878
Web Reference: http://www.321property.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Wed Apr 6, 2011
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2015 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer