Emandco77, Home Buyer in 99216

horrid credit for poor past choices, good income, steady rental history, no one will rent to us. Do we have a prayer to buy?? I feel like giving up.

Asked by Emandco77, 99216 Mon Feb 6, 2012

We have owned our own home in the past - it was a sale by owner, we paid him directly. We ended up releasing the home back to him on a mutual agreement due to my husband being laid off at the time. We relocated to Spokane in Jan 2010, and have lived in the same place ever since. Now, we need to move to a bigger place due to family circumstances. We have been denied at every place we have applied due to bad credit, and we cant afford to keep paying app fees and getting declined. Do we have a prayer in heck of getting any sort of assistance with a rental or otherwise? I feel like Ive exhausted all options. Ive even applied at places that dont require a credit check, and they still deny us, for reasons unknown. I dont know what is happening.

Answers

7
Good Morning, Im not sure what your time line is and if rebuilding your credit or credit counseling, if you can show proof of income and have a nice tax return coming your way (to use as a down payment) there are several owner contract listings in the region. My job is to find you a home that fits your lifestyle, I have the resources if you would like to explore that option.

AARON IMPECOVEN
BROKER/REALTOR
COLDWELL BANKER TOMLINSON NORTH
8205 N. DIVISON ST.
SPOKANE, WA. 99208
CELL: 509-216-6258
http://WWW.HOMEBYIMPECOVEN.COM
It depends on your credit and on the type of history you have. We are a company that works on mortgage coaching and we normally can help clients establish positive trade lines on their credit reports, help them understand the reporting process better so they can play by the proper rules (they are NOT obvious rules), and remove some bad credit from your report. Normally, this can pull your credit scores up by 60-100 points in 3-6 months.
We do this for loan officers around the country, but we are located right here in Washington (with an office in Spokane). Depending on what your credit looks like, there actually may be hope. Even if there isn't hope for a fast rebound, we can show you how to get into the 700s within 12-18 months.
Take control of your credit through knowledge.
Web Reference: http://luxetreecredit.com
Emandco77,
My advice is that you talk to a couple of us right away. You do not give us enough information to really know how we can help you. I am a real estate broker, a loan originator & I also work with the best credit restoration company in the country. call me if you want during the day & I will try & help you get on track ti get into a home. 206-841-9976
Jirius Isaac
Home Buying in 99216,

Your situation is not at all out of the ordinary. I work directly with a lender who has a great program that is free, and designed to help you get back on track with your credit so you can buy a home again. The company is local, meaning you deal with them in person, not over the internet. If you are interested you can reach out and email me here: spokanebroker@gmail.com and I will get you in touch with them.

Rick Monaghan, Broker

http://www.myspokanehomefinder.com

You don't give any indication of how bad your FICO score is, or whether you've kept up on everything since moving to Spokane. There are loans that allow a "zero" down payment, and the seller can pay buyer's closing costs. You really need to go to a good mortgage officer, and get a true picture of your financial status. If you gave the house back in a "deed in lieu of foreclosure", rather than a foreclosure, then that should be easier on your credit.

It doesn't cost anything to meet with a lender, and you'll know whether you can buy now or when to plan on by proper spending habits.

Best Wishes,
Jean Bradford, CRS, CRB, ABR, SFR
John L. Scott RE
Silverdale, WA
Try a private party that is doing it them selves, they maybe willing to rent to you if you give extra deposit, and then keep your promises, pay your rent on time or before time, returning the favor. Rebuild your credit and rent history that way. Co signers are nice, but many folks don't want to ask a family member or a friend, it's just not the thing to do.

Best to you.

HLR
Your credit is affecting your search and resolution. If you liked any of those apartments and any are currently still available you may reapply with a co-signer. If someone is willing to sign on your behalf you may be able to help yourself out of a bad situation.

Life happens to us all and mainly I would advise you to stay focused and stay positive.

Now if you can not find a co-signer you may offer an extra months rent up front to help yourself.