Sheri Smith, Home Buyer in Westland, MI

homes for sale land contract

Asked by Sheri Smith, Westland, MI Wed Aug 8, 2012

wayne westland plymouth or canton land contract homes for sale

Answers

6
Hi Sheri, What kind of price are you looking for? How much down payment do you have to work with?
Its my pleasure Sheri. Can you send me a quick email so I can get some listings to you? My email is rob@3dxonline.com. Thanks Sheri!
Flag Thu Aug 9, 2012
Hello Rob, I have 8000 as of now for a down payment. I am recently divorced and starting over on my own. My daughter who is twenty will also though be on the house with me. I have no rotated credit otherwise i was hoping to get a VHA Loan. Thanks so much for the listings and any other advice you may have for me. Sheri
Flag Thu Aug 9, 2012
I am answering a question about someone selling their interest in a land contract: It would be a case by case situation & it would have to do with the way the original agreement had been written up and if it had a "due on sale" clause in it. What we have seen in the past few years is a lot of confusion about land contracts and "lease with option to buy" transactions. Generally speaking, a land contract would be more beneficial for a purchaser because they would have an interest in the property, especially if it is recorded. A lease-with-option- to- buy works generally to the Seller's advantage, because the owner of the property is able to get a larger amount of money down for security deposit, and even though the tenant feels as though he or she is not "just renting the property" but will someday be own it, the occupant is still just a tenant.... Both scenarios are not as popular as they used to be. Why? you might ask? because it has changed into a "seller's" market, and the property owners need not resort to such measures to sell their properties when they can get buyers who will get mortgages (interest rates remain at historical lows) or better yet, CASH deals. A final word of caution, when dealing with any sort of land contract transaction and if you are not experienced in such matters, please get legal advice from an attorney
Can a buyer transfer an existing land contract to another buyer? Does the original homeowner have to approve the transfer?
Sheri,

Is there a reason you wanted to go land contract?

Read my blog about them in the link below.

If you click on the link below you will see all of the available condos and houses that are available in Canton, Plymouth, Wayne and Westland. I did not use any other search criteria, like a certain number of bedrooms, downpayment or price, I just used "Land Contract" as the criteria.

http://pub.realcomponline.com/publist.aspx?a=4506D7778603634…

Obviously this list changes every day, so if you would like a daily update emailed directly to you, let me know and I can set that up for you.

HAIG
Elias Realty
(248) 379-6547
realtorhaig@aol.com
Hi Sheri,

Please send me an email and I would be more than happy to send you some homes! Look forward to talking with you.

Jeff Gushman
REALTOR
The Michele Safford Group
RE/MAX Home Sale Services
JeffGushman@gmail.com