Home Buying in Hialeah>Question Details

Owner, Home Buyer in Hialeah, FL

hi what's a grandfather law and does it apply in hialeah ,FL

Asked by Owner, Hialeah, FL Sun Nov 4, 2012

--
This question was asked from this property: http://www.trulia.com/property/3100175726-6476-NW-170th-Ln-H…

Answers

1
Stephanie Leon’s answer
Yes, Hialeah does have the Grandfather clause.

A grandfather clause is a situation in which an old rule continues to apply to some existing situations, while a new rule will apply to all future situations. When something is grandfathered in, it simply means that the law or city code has changed however, since it was grandfathered in it can stay with no problems and anyone new would have to follow the new law or code. For example if the law or code said that a fence can be 6 ft high in the front yard and you pulled the proper permit to have the fence installed then the following year they change the law or code to 4ft you would not have to worry because your fence would be grandfathered in.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 4, 2012
Thank you, I saw a property that had a extra addision the pepole who are selling bought it like that I asked them if they had a permit for it and they said no but they told me it was build over 23 ys ago they said it was franfatherd but I was not sure what they meant ? could this be possible ?
Flag Sun Nov 4, 2012