Home Buying in West Orange>Question Details

Cyrus, Home Seller in West Orange, NJ

hi, i want to sell my house in west orange and wanted to know if june is the right time to sell? appreciate your answers in advance. cyrus.

Asked by Cyrus, West Orange, NJ Tue Jun 1, 2010

Answers

9
Hi Cyrus!
In all honesty June traditionally starts the slower summer season. However, and that is a huge however, these last two years are most unique. There are buyers out there now (as there were at this time last year) who are seriously shopping. The key to a sale is pricing it correctly right from the start. It's all about great value today......and buyers do have many options. Condition is also key. Most buyers today do not want to do any work and will opt for the homes that are updated and show well. I have helped a number of my clients prepare and stage their homes for sale. I'd love to help you sell your home as well. Hope to hear from you.
Dear Cyrus
June is certainly a good month to sell, but if the house is priced right and it shows well, it will sell at any time.
I can help you on that process and give you ideas how to make your house look it's best
call me
Web Reference: http://www.garytorretti.com
June is a great time to sell your home. Many possitive reasons : summer begins, school year ends, flowers are blooming and most people are in a good mood to buy. My partner and I are very busy right now with clients making a move. With the right help you will succeed.
Hi Cyrus
If you want to sell, by all means this is a "good" time of year to do so.

I would suggest, however, that you move quickly, rather than slowly, as once we start with the lazy days of summer - especially come August - things can slow a bit. The serious buyers are out now - many looking to be in their new homes for the start of school.

By August, some will take a break (and enjoy weekends down the shore, maybe!), so traffic may slow down.
Also, interest rates are still very low, which encourage buyers to buy now, rather that chance rate increases down the road.

Get your house in tip-top condition - you will have a lot of competition in W. Orange, as now there are over 380 homes for sale (including condos).

Make it SPARKLE..........and PRICE it right..............those are the ingredients you need for a quick sale!

I lived in W. Orange growing up, so I have a special feel for the town! Make sure you get an honest and thorough market analysis, and you will be ready to go!
I currently have 2 listings in town.

If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to me!
It would be my pleasure to help.
All the best....

Debbie Rose
Prudential NJ Properties
email: Debbie.Rose@PrudentialNewJersey.com
Hi Cyrus, Yes families look to summer to buy a home because of kids schools etc. We've listed in West Orange which seems to be the most desirable area of the Oranges. We're sure you'll do good however the Buyer now a days looks to let the property lay on the market in hopes of a lower price.

Do give us a call we'd be more than happy to list your property!

All the Very Best
Dave & Lisa
Web Reference: http://www.urhomerealty.net
Cyrus, thank you for asking. I am a broker in West orange and I've lived in town 25 years. I've owned three homes and frankly love West Orange. So , to answer your question-yes now is a good time to sell for a variety of reasons.
1. The state may be approving another tax credit for first time home buyers - potentially up to $15,000. This is a great opportunity to draw in the right clients, depending on the price of your home
2. As you know West Orange is about to go through a tax re evaluation - finally. Our town has deeply needed this and althought there is no commitment you will benefit, in general the equalization of taxes has proven favorable for homeowners
3. We have new leadership in town, Parisi and his new team are committed to improving the situation from mcKeon and improving perception of west orange.
4. I currently have 3 listing in west orange and we've had a lot of traffic recently, I just sold two homes this month in west orange - it also helps that I live here and am very high on this town. I'm not the type of realtor to try and shufffle potential buyers off to Livingston
Good luck with whatever you choose but when your ready to get serious about marketing your home please giveme a call.
Cyrus-
June is a great time to list your home. I just put a great home on the market in West Orange and have been getting a lot of showings. West Orange and its surrounding towns are still very popular for buyers due to the proximity to NYC. If you have any further questions, feel free to contact me. I'll post a link to my current listing below.
It's a good time to list the house for sale considering it may take 6-8 months to sell it and in our area many people stop looking to buy real estate during the holiday season and when the days get colder and shorter on daylight.
Web Reference: http://www.sjrates.com
If you want/need to sell, anytime is a good time.