Home Buying in Harrisburg>Question Details

zacblinzley, Home Buyer in Harrisburg, PA

hi, i am 20 years old and i recently got a job that is paying very very well i belive i am a 634 how hard would it be for me to get a new home ?

Asked by zacblinzley, Harrisburg, PA Thu Sep 20, 2012

I wanted to follow up with you to see if you were able to get into a home.

You may qualify for a mortgage. There are a number of factors that are considered when purchasing a home. Although your score is one representation, your credit history is evaluated based on the number of tradelines reported on the bureau. Credit score is only part of the equation.

I have helped borrowers in the with credit scores below 600.

If you haven't bought a home yet, I would be happy to evaluate your ability to obtain a mortgage. I can be reached at 717-525-8460 if you have any questions or would like to set up an appointment to discuss the best loan program to fit your needs.

Jerry Kensinger
Visit me at http://www.homeassoc.usapropertywholesale.com I am sure that I can assist you.
445 South 13th Street, Harrisburg PA 17104
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 20, 2012
Yes.. you should be very prooud of yourself!.. that is great!

I have lots of lenders that can you help you with the financing! When do you think you are ready to start looking?

Give me a call I would LOVE to help you!!!

Lisa Gerlach Exit Platinum Plus Realty 717-920-2900 or 717-623-5472

Look forward to help you find your dream home!
Why Yes!! I helped my youngest son buy his home 18 months ago when he was still in college!
Hi Zablinzley, I would love to help you buy a house.. Give me a call I have many lenders that we can work with and get you into a townhome or a single family home

Lisa Gerlach Asoociate Broker, 717-920-2900 or 717-623-5472 Exit Platinun Plus Realty.. lgerlach@comcast.net
hi zacblinzley, (love the name)
You'd be crazy not to buy a house, any house, today!
I helped my youngest son, still in college, buy a house.
If I could I'd be buying more myself!
We're realtors, our job is to make sure you don't get screwed buying or selling property.
As far as funding you have to speak with a lender. Preferably more than one.
We too, sadly, are at the beck and call of the lenders.
We can help you find just the perfect home at just the perfect price but you there, zacblinzley,
are the one that has to pay for it. We can even recommend lenders etc. but... I can't stress this enough,
you need a relationship with a lender. The mortgage lender from the Bronx has spot on advice!
By the way belive is spelled believe.
Good evening zacblinzley,

A 2 year employment history is required to qualify for mortgage financing although in many cases a client's education background can be used to make up the 2 year requirement along with the current employment if the employment is less than 2 years. Most Lenders today require a minimum credit score of 640 to qualify, so, with 634 you are not that far off.

Meet with a Local Mortgage Banker to get prequalified for mortgage financing. The Mortgage Banker will review all facets of your loan request to answer your questions with regards to the types of loans and maximum loan amounts you could qualify for.

Trevor Curran
Are you referring to your credit score by that 634? Should be doable - and we can probably help you raise that score-the better your score the better interest rate you can get. FHA would be the way to go. Why don't you shoot me an email and I will try to help you by providing you with a buyer introductory packet so you know what the ins and outs of purchasing are and what you might be able to afford in the way of a house payment. Or you can contact me via my website bethmasland@capitalareahomes.com I admire your desire to start young on the road to home ownership! That is exciting.
Hello Zac. Congratulations on your new job! You must be excited to start your new adventure, and that appears to include a home. I wonder. Are you from this area or are you relocating? Your credit score is not stellar, but you certainly can work toward getting it up while you start the process of buying a home. The first thing you should do is talk to a lender, perhaps your bank or credit union, to find out exactly what you should know, look for and consider from the mortgage side. Meanwhile, a good Realtor can help you start your necessary education about the buying side. It is important to know how much you can afford to spend on a home, but I think it is more important to know how much you WANT to spend monthly on a mortgage. There are many aspects of your life that change when you become a homeowner! I am right here in the Harrisburg area and I specialize in working with first time home buyers. If you would like me to send you information to get you started, please drop me a message at karen@karenfleisher.com. I welcome the opportunity to assist you.

Karen S. Fleisher
Prudential Homesale Services Group
3435 Market Stsreet
Camp Hill, PA 17011
717-761-7900 (o)
717-343-3155 (c)
Hi Zac,

I think it's great that you are thinking of home ownership at your age. As Alan said, your score isn't great but it is good enough for a mortgage. There are other things to consider though such as time in your job and such. You would really benefit from a first-time home buyer's course to familiarize yourself with the whole buying process. Depending on your eligibility and the area you are hoping to purchase in, there may be some county funds to help offset some of the closing costs as well. Feel free to contact me and I will let you know when the course is being offered.

Melissa Stahl, REALTOR®
Your HomeTown Agent
3759 Peters Mountain Road
Halifax, PA 17032
717-896-EXIT (3948) Office
717-599-1370 Cell
Hello Zac,

Your credit score is not great but good enough to get a mortgage. The question is how long have you been at your job and what did you do before getting this job. What is your income and what kind of debt do you carry. How much of a down payment do you have.
These are querstions that you need to discuss with a local mortgage lender.

Alan Openshaw
Cornerstone Lending Inc
Southampton Pa 18966
215 953 0800
cell 267 992 7276
NMLS ID 143960