Phillip, Home Buyer in 90068

hi guys im an aussie wish to buy some property in us arizona looks good can anyone tell me if their are better options

Asked by Phillip, 90068 Sat Jan 28, 2012

Answers

7
Dear Phillip,
What a purpose of your RE purchase? Investment or for yourself? If investment: What do you plan to do next with them: flip/rent out? What is the price range and ROI expectations?
Arizona has some great areas to purchase in, such as Phoenix and surrounding cities. However, you should definitely look within the Inland Empire (Riverside, Moreno Valley, Hemet, San Jacinto, Perris). There are many bargains and homes that are being sold cheap etc. Some are classified as fixers but honestly need nothing but cosmetics (paint, carpet, fencing upgrades). I would be more than happy to speak with you when you have time.

Bradley A Byers
Real Living Premier Realty
BRE#01936674
951-358-9906 (cell)
951-571-9800 (office)
Arizona is beautiful in the spring and fall months, but nothing beats Southern California for gorgeous weather year round!
Let's be honest, when one thinks of Arizona, one thinks of hot humid weather. It's like when you get off the plane, a hotness envelopes you instantly. One also thinks of open spaces, desert and country living. In short, you gotta love the dry air which is why the famous Doc Holiday moved there and joined up with pals the Wyatts in the old western days.

Cheers!
I currently have a couple of Aussie clients, both from Sydney area, so good afternoon to you!

Answering this question properly really depends on if you're buying for investment, are you looking to move here, maybe 1 to live in & 1 to rent out & of course, what is your price range? My other Aussie clients are considering buying in Palm Springs to rent it out as a Vacation rental where they'll be able to get a higher net rent per year than if they granted a typical 1yr lease to 1 tenant. You could do this type of rental in any vacation hot spot city, like Los Angeles (coastal or Hollywood / Los Feliz), Orange County (coastal / beach cities).

Las Vegas would be another great option, Vegas prices have gone to heck in a hand-basket, I'm short selling a 3800sqft home in a guard gated neighborhood out there right now for just $260K! Smaller homes in nice areas you can buy in the low $100's. It's crazy out there!

For Orange & LA County, to get a home along or near the coast, you would need to spend in the neighborhood of at least $350-400K minimum.

Shoot me an email directly if you want to talk about this some more, I don't look back on this same Trulia thread for answers posted after mine.

EmilyKnell1@yahoo.com
562-430-3053 c
Realtor Since 1996
Main Street Realtor
Also Licensed in Las Vegas
It's hard to know without you giving some things you want in your new home. Do you hate winters or love them? Do you want to live in the city or the country? Do you need good hospitals? good schools?
You might like Texas too. It has very diverse geographic regions, plus the Gulf of Mexico for water sports, swimming, etc. I just know some parts of Arizona get really hot in the summer, but so does Texas! These are good sites to visit for free guides. I think they will mail them to you: http://www.arizonaguide.com/request-a-visitors-guide AND this one: http://www.traveltex.com. Good luck!!