Martyn Doche…, Home Buyer in Scotland UK

hi all, looking for some advice i live in the UK (scotland) been out to Scottsdale twice in last 3 months

Asked by Martyn Docherty, Scotland UK Fri Dec 26, 2008

looking for a holiday home but cant seem to get a mortgage (LSR) set up. I have my down payment 30% and proof of assets and income but still no real contact from various brokers is there anyhelp for a non us citizen.

It looks like Rebecca has some good ideas to get you a beautiful holiday home. I would definitely pick someone with good lender connections. Those from out of state and purchasing a home stay at Scottsdale Park Suites. They rent furnished units by the month in central Scottsdale and are flexible with dates so you can move out as soon as you close. Good luck!
Hey, Martyn... I think I might be able to help you out! I have worked with out of country buyers before, and have successfully gotten them into a home. I would love to do the same for you! Please feel free to give me a call if you are still looking to relocate out here, it is a great place to live!
We have an in-house lender from Citibank that does many no-resident loans. Give him a call for more info.

After talking to him, if you need some help I would be happy to work with you on your home purchase.
Howard Rudin - 602-390-8088 WEST USA REALTY

Kristopher C. Krebbs

Home Lending Consultant

CitiBank, N.A.

NMLS ID #412595

Email: kristopher.krebbs@citi.com

602-413-3565 Cell
If you haven't been overwhelmed with support - please read on..................

I have been a top producing agent with RE/MAX Fine Properties for many years now and
retain that distinction because I offer full service, refer to experts, and accomplish my clients
objectives. If that is of interest to you, please contact me at jlynch@fineprop.com or 480-236-9470
and i will provide you with impeccable service and information.

I also have a contact Robyn Robertson who originated from Canada and does mortgages here in the States now. She is with Suburban Mortgage and can get you to your goal as she specializes in non US citizen loans. It can be done.
Best to you
Laura Myers
Keller Williams Arizona Realty
Ranked #1 Customer Satisfaction 2008 by JD Power & Associates

I currently am working with another buyer from Scotland who is relocating to the valley. When you get a chance, give me a call and I will put you in touch with him and he can tell you first hand what he is having to go through in order to get a loan in the U.S. and owning property as a non US citizen.

My contact information is on my website below.
Web Reference: http://www.TheKeysTeam.com
Without a doubt you can get what you need from InterCapital Group (our preferred lender) at the RE/MAX Fine Property Office located at 21000 North Pima Road in Scottsdale....480-792-9500 ask for Mr. Danny Wheeler and please mention I referred you......................As a worldwide RE/MAX Associate I can help you in any way you need.

Joihn Lynch, PLC, Realtor, ABR,CRS,SRES,CLSS
E-FAX 480-355-9519 CELL 480-236-9470
Contact a lender. Antigua Capital Funding. Their number is listed on their website just Google their name. I've worked with them for years, no 11th hour "crunch" and always informational and lower fees due to less overhead. Key is to keep trying but this lender is worth a call.

Laura Myers
Keller Williams Arizona Realty
Hello Martyn,,

I bet it has been hard to get help! I am sorry you have had so much diffuculty. I work with several bank VP's and mortgage lenders. If you have not found someone to help you. Please feel free to contact me at remaxq@mindspring.com. I promise you I will help you.

Michelle Quackenbush
Re/Max Fine Properties
It would be pretty hard to get LSR, credit history is critical. What is your price range?
What part of Scottsdale?. In Scottsdale there is a wide price range. I had dealt with non US citizen, paying cash, closing without any problems.

Marina Kocian
It's amazing to me that so many people are telling a British national that he can get a mortgage over here. I am British, and unless things are very different in Arizona to NJ, I can tell you catagorically that you won't get the mortgage because there is no credit history. Until recently, there were a couple of angles that mortgage brokers could work around, but with the recent credit fiasco this has all been tightened up.
I have worked with many out of country buyes who where not us citizens and have not had a problem getting an LSR for a contract.Keep in mind as well that a contract without and LSR can still be submitted granted the other agent accepts the contract without it. Believe me I have seen many of these and all have gone through successfully.I would be glad to consult with our in house lender to see that you get your lsr for your purchase.Often times as well a letter from your financila institution can suffice if you are unable to get the lsr. I would be glad to help. larry.dignan@azmoves.com
Our inhouse lender can supply you with and LSR regardless of your current location. We work with out of town buyers all of the time as well as non us citizens.We just closed a deal with a couple from Germany and a few from Canada as well. I can be reached at larry.dignan@azmoves.com
Dear Martyn

I am a fellow Brit having moved to the UK 6 years ago from Horsham, West Sussex. I am a REALTOR. My position is slightly different to yours because my wife is a nurse and, as a result, we managed to obtain green cards. At the time we purchased our house in AZ whilst still resident in the UK. The lender used our UK past income and projections from my wife's future position in AZ. Things have changed since then and, as you know, it is far more difficult to get a mortgage for everyone.

See if you can borrow money in the UK for a purchase here. Otherwise I can put you in touch with several aggressive lenders who might be able to assist. Either way you should use a buyer's agent in my opinion as the house purchase process in AZ is very different to the UK. I would be delighted to help if I can. My email address is dcourt@pruamerican.com. I am happy to answer specific or general questions.

By the way, I am still a Fellow of the Royal Institution of Chartered Surveyors which might be of interest. I currently have clients (a nurse) in Kilsyth who is trying to move here on a permanent basis. The immigration service is very slow at present so it is very frustrating for them.

Kind regards.

David Court
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 27, 2008
Martyn, interesting query. Maybe it's because of all of the changes in the loan industry? I typically have experienced no problem, but most purchase with a substantial amount of cash or all cash. If we were working together, I would need to find out from the loan officer I work with. ;-) I hope you find your answers, but if not, I'll be happy to try and assist you.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 26, 2008

Why not finance in the UK and pay cash for a home here? That's what my foreign national clients do.

I would live to help you professionally, but I am not allowed to solicit (we're not supposed to post out e mail address of phone numbers asking you to contact us because it's against Trulia guide lines)

Best of luck to you,

Stew Keene
Ph (480) 220-7491
Fax (866- 711 8573
Keller Williams - Scottsdale, AZ
2008-2009 Master of Real Estate award recipient
Martyn, my personal mortgage broker has had success helping non-US citizens obtain loans. Please email me at ridobbles@cox.net for his contact information.

Rick Dobbles
Hi Martyn,
I think that you're going to run into difficulties. I am British and have been in the US for 10 years. I have been in real estate for the last 3 years. It took us a year before we could buy over here. When I deal with British relocation clients (that have come over with large corporations) they also have problems getting a mortgage over here because they have no credit history over here.
We bought a vacation home in Florida about 5 years ago with my parents (who still live in the UK). The only way that they could get around this problem was by obtaining their mortgage in the UK: they refinanced their UK home and used the money over here.
Hope this helps - it's just what I've experienced personally.

I have a two lenders that should be good for you one one is on my site.

If you need any other assitance feel free to contact me anytime!

If you are working with a REALTOR have they suggested a lender you might use? I always have 3 good lenders to recommend to my clients.

If you need to know the names of the lenders I can refer you then email me at Donald@TheKeysTeam.com

I hope this helps.