klom6, Other/Just Looking in Miami, FL

hi, I just passed the florida state exam for sales associate, and strapped for cash, how do I find the right broker ?......I'm in Miami,Fl.

Asked by klom6, Miami, FL Fri Mar 29, 2013

maybe one that would help me out initially knowing that I'm freshly licensed, I'm on a very tight budget and looking to minimize fees(start up cost , desk fees....) as much as possible

Answers

9
Congratulations! I too recently entered the field and transitioned from another career. You should choose carefully. I interviewed with 4 different RE brokers before I made a decision. Training & mentoring was important to me as newbee. You really have to hit the ground running in this business. Yes, the split is important, but you should really try to find a home so you don't wind up choosing again.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Apr 29, 2013
KlomBeSix;

There are many brokers that would help get you started by paying you a stipend for the first few years of your new career. Perhaps you would be compensated for completing certain office tasks such as phone duty, showings, clerical work, etc.

Many new agents that are creaive and ambitious are raking in big money now!
Klom6,
Welcome aboard.
You have entered the most NATURAL business opportunity imaginable.
By natural, I mean the rules of nature apply. Nature shows no mercy for the weak, young or injured.
And here you are with a fresh sales assoicate license asking, "Now what?"
-
Every morning the caribu must outrun the slowest one in the pack.
The lion must start running every morning to catch the slowest caribu.
Every morning they know what they must do. The one that ask's "Now what?" loses.
Every moring they know they must run.
-
Advice given to frsshly minted sales asocuates over the decades was, "Join the brokerage that provies the most training!" Over the decades less than 5% of newly minted sales associates see their second year anniverary. For decades they have been receiving bad advise and are being devoured as a consequense.
-
Start RUNNING. Join the brokerage that gets you RUNNING.
Don't be destracted by all the BS about spilts and training...get RUNNING...doing transactions ASAP.
Look at my other reponses on the same topic to figure out how to identify the right brokerage and where to position yourself within the organization.

Best of success to you,
Annette Lawrence, Broker/Associate
Remax Realtec Group
Palm Harbor, FL
727.420.4041
http://RealEstateMadeEZ.us
Congrats on your new career!

The question you might want to ask is your prospective employer is - Will there be leads?
And then ask about the training. And then observe the overall climate.
You got to love where you work, so try to find the brokerage that is your match!

Hope this helps,

Irina Karan
Beachfront Realty, Inc.
IrinaKaran@gmail.com
congratulations. We have and office in North Dade. We pay for advertising no desk fees. call us at 305 933 9033 ask for Steven.
You can consider my office. We have 100% commision and no desk fees. Call them up and mention my name. Ask to talk to Manny
Thanks for your inquiry. Give me a call. I'm hiring. My office is located in Bal Harbour area. However we have 13 office throughout south Florida. We have a mentoring program and no monthly desk fees. Also if you'be taken the class and state exam within the pass 90 days. We reimburse you school tuition.

I can be reached at 786-704-8482. Give me a call Monday morning.

Have a great weekend!

Andre Shambley
The Andre Shambley Group
Real Living FSR
interview several brokers. Even more than the split, focus on the education they will provide. Realize you will have to come up with the fees to join the Assoc or Realtors and the MLS. this is not inexpensive, but necessary if you are going to be in residential real estate. Good luck.
Come work with us in Decorus Realty.
Very low fees. Split 85/15. Mentoring. Leads.
We are on Sunny Isles.
Call me Tuesday and I ll tell you about Decorus.
I left Coldwell Banker and very happy with Decorus.
305-951-0510
Olena Sartan