Home Buying in Santa Clarita>Question Details

flyyinbrian72, Home Buyer in Santa Clarita, CA

hello my name is brian, looking to becoming a first time home buyer

Asked by flyyinbrian72, Santa Clarita, CA Mon Mar 4, 2013

My wife and I want to look into buying a home in/or near santa clarita but we don't know how to go about it, we are first time buyers. any help would be very helpful

Congratulations! Visit http://www.AlexLAEstates.com for some info to get you going! :)
Hi Brian,

Congratulations on making the decision to purchase a home!

The first step is to get pre-qualified for a loan, unless you are an all cash buyer, then you can ignore the next few paragraphs.

If you are looking to get a loan, you can contact your local bank or any bank/mortgage broker to get a pre-approval letter for a loan. This will tell you what price range you can afford and shop for.

After getting pre-approved, you should contact a real estate agent to help you find a property that fits your needs. You will need your pre-approval letter when you make an offer to prove to the seller that you can qualify for a loan to purchase the home.

After your offer is accepted, you can shop around with different banks and mortgage companies to find the best rate.

Feel free to contact me anytime with any questions or concerns at (310) 717-1321 or JamieTian@RodeoRE.com. Once you are ready to start searching, I would be happy to provide you with a list of available homes and set up appointments to view any properties you are interested in.

Jamie Tian
Rodeo Realty
(310) 717-1321
DRE #01920120
1 vote Thank Flag Link Mon Mar 4, 2013
Find a good Realtor in your area. You will also need a loan officer which doesn't need to be in your area as the loan officers in CA have a license to operate in the state. If you need a good loan officer contact me and I can refer you to one that I always work with.
I offer an awesome First Time Homebuyer loan in the California market. 5% down payment, no PMI, no payment for the first 3 months, and no origination fee......wonder how? We are a true portfolio lender, and we are a huge international bank. Feel free to call me at (8580 531-6732 or email me at roy.padilla@bbvacompass.com. Thank you!
Hi Brian,
My Name is Yogi Sharma and I am working with Realty Executives of Santa Clarita as a Realtor. I would love to help you in finding a home of your choice. Please don't hesitate to call me at (661)607-9359.

Thanks and look forward to hear from you.
Yogi Sharma
Hi Brian,

I believe you ARE serious in your first time buyer home search!

I would be most happy to help you navigate your first home search. The inventory of listings is extremely low but I have access to a network to get listings not yet published.

I would be very happy to help you and your wife in this new home search. Do you have a mortgage officer you are working with? If not, I would be happy to suggest one for you.

I look forward to hearing from you Brian!

Have an awesome day!

Kim Campbell

Pinnacle Estate Properties, Inc.
24501 Town Center Drive
Valencia, CA 91355
DRE# 01457011
I'm guessing you are not a serious buyer as you have a lot of responses to your inquiry and yet no one can confirm that you have contacted any one the respondents. You certainly have not contacted me. Again, I have propeties that are not on the marlet and are well below market value. If you don't call you will never know what I am talking about. I would think anyone serious about buying is at the very least going to investigate.

Richard Szerman
>>Or just look on craigslist and buy it...not too difficult.

I would dissuade you from doing that. That would not be your best course of action.
Or just look on craigslist and buy it...not too difficult.
What you need is to find a Realtor in Santa Clarita who can assist you in the buying process.
Below is a list of Realtors of in Santa Clarita and homes for sale in the area:

Here is a detailed article on what to look for in a Realtor when buying your first home:

All the best.
Web Reference: http://www.realtypin.com
Wow I guess you asked the right question, judging by the number of responses you recieved.

I am a Real Estate wholesaler and I have inventory that is not on the open market, meaning it is below market value and no one else has acces to many of my listings. If you would like to buy your first property under market value you might want ot give me a call.

Rich Szerman
Silver Creek Realty
661-253-300 - Office
661-714-1400 - Cell
Just like your mom, No tact.
Flag Tue Jun 18, 2013
As others have shared...your first step is with a lender. It's hard to go shopping when you don't know what your budget is.

Who do you bank with? You can start with the mortgage company of that bank. Or, you can ask family and friends for the name of a good mortgage lender. You might also search the Yelp reviews for a highly rated mortgage broker.

As tempting as looking at homes can be, do your financial homework first....it really makes the process much easier.

Wishing you and your wife lots of luck.
Great decision and great time to buy. Being prepared as much as possible before you begin your search is key. Talk to a lender and get pre approved. Steve@midgate.net or ddesousa@ccmclending.com, both expert in FHA and working with first time buyers. Do you have your down payment and closing costs? Need help, go to califund.com and see if you qualify for the grant. Next, find a knowlegebale agent who cares and returns phone calls :) that would be me.
http://www.gallatingroup.net to search for active listings
Hello Brian, I applaud your desire to fulfill the American Dream. It would be a great time to buy your first home. You will need a large down payment and a reserve of cash to compete for a home at this time. There are about 15 times as many buyers are there are home available. Investors with all cash offers and regular home buyers with all cash or large down payments are outbidding most of the traditional first time buyers that utilize FHA Financing. Call, Text or Email to discuss your particular situation and see if you can find a way to make you a successful home buyer.

Your Friend & Realtor,
Tony Lewis RE/MAX of Valencia tonyglewis@yahoo.com Cell - 661-510-7975
Web Reference: http://www.TonyLewis.com
Hi Brian,
My name is Yogi Sharma and I have been working as a Real Estate agent since 2003 in Santa Clarita and would love to help you finding a home of your choice. Please don't hesitate to email me at yograjs@yahoo.com with any question and I would be more than happy to answer. Looking forward to hear from you.

Yogi Sharma
Hello Brian,

Santa Clarita is a very nice place to live. The first thing you need to do is decide what area you want to buy your home, I am not sure what you have in mind but I can give you a lot of information about the different areas. I can also set you up with my MLS search program that will e-mail you everyday to let you know when new properties have listed, re-listed or prices have been reduced. Then you need to determine how much you want to pay for your home. It helps if you get prequalifed for a loan before you start looking. There are not very many homes on the market these days which means when one is listed, you and your agent must see it as soon as possible and submit an offer within the first day or two. An offer consists of a residential purchase agreement which we prepare for you stating what you want to offer on a home. You also need to submit a bank statement showing you have enough money in the bank to pay your down payment plus closing costs and you must also include a letter from a lender stating that you are qualified to purchase a home for the offer price.

We have several excellent lenders in the area if you do not already have somebody in mind. I would be happy to refer you to a couple of them if you like. Of course if you do not have an agent yet I would be happy to help you in your hunt for a new home and can make suggestions based on what you have in mind regarding the things you must have and also what you definitely don't want.

I love what I do and will work very hard to help you with the entire process. Call me anytime at (661) 645-7271. My cell is always on!
Dear Flyyinbrian,

First step is to get pre-qualified, by a mortgage Company or a Bank?

I can gladly help you & your family find your dream home. Feel free to call me so we can talk. I can set you up with home alerts.

Take care,

Merlin Barrientos
Realtor Associate
Pinnacle Estate Properties Inc.
661 713-8780
Hi Brian:

You are choosing to enter the market at a very exciting, yet challenging time. While prices are rising, interest rates have remained at record lows in addition to housing inventory. With all these factors in play, it is vital to work with an agent who will inform your family of the newest listings of interest in a timely manner. The reason is that there is an excess of buyers and a minimal amount of homes on the market, so competition is intense. You will also want an agent who knows the market you are interested in moving to, as properties are going for or above market value. If your agent is unsure of a home's value, it is hard to recommend an offer that works for the buyer and gets approval from the seller.

The loan market is also pretty strict in its guidelines, so it is imortant to choose an experienced and detailed loan agent who considers the whole loan file before providing an approval letter. A good place to find lenders is through your realtor, as they have a list ot trusted lenders who have completed previous loan files for their clients in a way that was pleasing to the realtor and his/her client. You will always want to speak to at least 2 or 3 of these preferred lenders so you can shop for the best combination of fees and interest rate.

Finally, it is important to have your realtor provide you with an online resource for searching property. When looking for a home, your realtor is a valuable team member, but you are the best judge of which homes best suit your needs. A realtor can follow your criteria and send you all applicable listings. However, you may want to go outside the box to supplement the offerings, and using a current and easy-to-use website makes that search easier.

One benefit of the site that I provide to buyers is that it gives access to every listing in Southern California, including the Valley to the north of Santa Clarita, called the Antelope Valley. A number of people who consider Santa Clarita end up in Antelope Valley if their top end price criteria is $250,000 or less. The Antelope Valley has their own listing service, so you have to use a site that gives access to both the Antelope Valley and the rest of Southern California.

Should you have any additional question on the process of home buying or financing, please feel free to give me a call. I wish your family the best of luck.

Eddie Momeny
Realty Executives
"Finding You The Home Of Your Dreams With A Payment That Won't Keep You Up At Night"

Welcome to to your first home buying experience. Very soon, you will have alot of agents responding to you regarding your request. My suggestion is to read everything, do not get overwhelmed with all the answers and most importantly, talk with several agents before you make a decision. A well qualified local area expert will make ths buying process an enjoyable one.

Born and raised in the Santa Clarita Valley area, I am a top producing area expert at RE/MAX of Santa Clarita with an objective to work diligently in assisting you to meet your real estate needs. I have a Bachelors degree in Interior Design and Architecture, giving me the ability to assist you in seeing beyond what is, to what it can be, giving me 'an edge above the rest ' I always go the extra mile while constantly researching market values, so whether you are buying or selling, your in the best hands. Please feel free to contact me at any time if you have any questions or would like to set a time that we can discuss what I can do for you.

Thank you and please feel free to contact me at anytime to discuss what I will do for you in your Santa Clarita home search.

Sean Seckar – Realtor
RE/MAX of Santa Clarita
DRE License # 1336429
Hi Brian,
I have lived in Santa Clarita since 1997 and I have been a top Realtor here for almost 10 years. I have my ABR designation (Specializing in Buyers) and I am Quality Service Certified. I am currently in my office because I work 24/ 7 to help my clients. You may call me if you wish. 661 284-5004. If you would like more information about me first you can check me out at http://www.LauraCoffey.com. I have referrals on both Trulia and Zillow for your review as a five star agent.
Call me and I can advise you how to start the process at no cost or obligation to you.
It's very easy. Just call a mortgage officer first. You can call Brian Woolley at Prospect mortgage. He is located in Valencia, CA and he is very good at what he does. Brian's number is 661-645-3499 and his email address is bwloans@ca.rr.com. Give him a call and he will preapprove you for a home loan which is the first step. It doesn't cost you anything to get preapproved by the way. Then after you get your preapproval letter then you can call me and we will meet at my office and discuss the real estate market and what will put you in a position to be the most powerful buyer you can be. We will also take a look at what is out there at that time and start scheduling appointments to view homes.
Those are the first steps to buying a home and then from that point on we will be there to help you every step of the way throught the rest of the process of buying a home.
I work with my father/partner, we specialize in Santa Clarita and we have over 30 years of experience in real estate. We look forward to hearing from you!

Neil Mather
Keller Williams VIP Properties
DRE# 01479910
How exciting! Buying a home is an amazing experience - so don't get wrapped up in the stress - enjoy the process.

I would suggest that you find an agent that you feel completely comfortable and can be completely hontest with. You may want to start by finding some great agents here on Trulia by looking at your zip code and reading their profiles. You can then pick a few you want to message or call and set up time to get together. Basically you can interview an agent to make sure they have experience, knowledge, work full-time in real estate and a personality fit.

Your agent will then hopefully have a good recommendation for a mortgage professional. You need to make sure you get pre-approved for a mortgage before you start looking at homes.

Then enjoy the house hunting!