Benji, Home Buyer in Beverly Hills, CA

hello, im look to buy a investment property, What do u think is the best area?

Asked by Benji, Beverly Hills, CA Sun Sep 19, 2010

Answers

25
Miriam Poggio’s answer
Hello David, Thank you for contact me about real estate properties en Miami, I will contact you tomorrow, please gine me your personal email , and I will send all information ASAP

Have a good night!

Regards

Miriam Poggio
I have access to 23 Calif counties and 147 million property records
I write a lot about investment property in my blog called "Income Property Ideas." I also help my clients find good apartment buildings every day. Check it out.
Miami !! Call me if you need help
I think you should seriously consider commercial rental property in today's market. So many investors are vying for single family low end deals. East Los Angeles, Orange County all good areas for apartments, assisted living,etc.
It really depends on the type of investment property you are looking for. Basically if you are interested in cash flow the rule is: the worse the area the higher your cash flow ( with some exceptions). The nicer the area, the higher the prices, so your cash return will not be as great on your initial investment.
I think you would look into multi residential units in semi ok areas of Los Angeles,, Culver City, Van Nuys, North Hollywood and areas closer to Downtown. The rents are still pretty high and at the right price ($50-$150K per unit) not only the property pays for itself, but also gives you a good cash flow.

If you have amore questions regarding investment properties or would like to receive a list of them via e-mail, please call me directly at 323.810.0706 or email me at katrina4re@yahoo.com

Thank you!

Thank you!
All buildings built before 1978 in Los Angeles are rent controlled.

Santa Monica, Beverly Hills, West Hollywood and Malibu are cities with rent control

Other areas to considers are along the Metro Line http://www.metro.net/projects/westside
It is important to look in areas that have thriving businesses. The hip spots that were once in Hollywood are now moving East into Silverlake and Los Feliz. Local businesses are flourishing, local mom & pop boutique stores and restaurants are thriving and home prices remain affordable.

Another area is South Carthay Circle, Spanish Styled Homes.
The stores on Pico Blvd between La Brea and Fairfax is bringing value to the area. There are cafe's, health-oriented restaurants, theatre etc. The area is surrounded by duplex' for a great return on investment and some areas of Carthay have the Mills Act, which the owner receives royalty money for the oil under the land.

As geographic location goes, visit http://www.WalkScore.com type in an address to see what areas are good walking distance to your new investment property.

Are you looking to purchase commercial apartments or 2-4 unit building?

Brandon Douglas
3rd Generation Los Angeles Realtor
2nd Generation Beverly Hills Native
Coldwell Banker
Brandon.Douglas@coldwellbanker.com
310.801.1333
#1-Hire a local Real Estate Agent that can assist you, many areas of Los Angeles County have rent control, this will affect you as a landlord and the rent you can charge, but not all areas have it. Feel free to call me or email me anytime, I know this area extensively and work regularly with investors.

Have a great day,
Heather Paul, Realtor
Coldwell Banker
310-586-0364
heatherprealtor@gmail.com
Look for areas not under rent control restrictions.
Also, look in areas high in demand such as cities with the best school districts, low unemployment, etc...
You also want to check the cap rates and roi

There are several units available in the South Bay cities.
Let me know if I could be of help.
Hi Benji,
Well that depends upon what type of property you are interested in, and your budget of course for the investment. I recommend you speak with other investors in your area, to get a general idea on how their investments are doing.
I also would recommend you work with a Commerical Realtor on this purchase, one is has the training and education to prepare a IRR for you on any given investment propety.
Web Reference: http://www.cbcworldwide.com
Hi Benji,

Have you ever thought of being an out of state investor? Particularly in Buffalo, New York. We have 2-Unit Investment Properties here for $55,000 making $1,100 per month in rent. I just wrote a blog regarding why a $55k Investment Property is better than a $400,000 Investment Property and in this blog I show the figures on maintenace and how much money you're going to pocket. In short, it'll show you how you get more for your money. I have to admit, the investment properties here was enough to make me move out of LA and start being a Real Estate Investor in Buffalo, NY.
There's a few questions you should answer to vet your objectives:

Are you looking for the best cap rate possible, or are you looking for an area with the most potential for appreciation?
Are you looking for a property with stable rents or are you looking for a property that you can clean up and raise rents?
Are you looking for a single family home or condo or an apartment building?

There's so many interesting pockets right now including downtown LA, Marina Del Rey & West LA. Make sure you are clear on your goals and objectives before you start chasing an investment property.
It depends on what kind of investment you're looking for. In any event, you must really know and understand the area and work with a very trustworthy broker or agent. Good luck!
Long Beach is a good bet. It is still about the lowest priced coastal city and has room for growth.
Depends on you Benji, there are many factors to consider. Are you looking to manage it yourself or hire a property manangement company? 2nd, let me know what you're looking for and what are your goals on the investment property. Is it for a long term investment or a quick buy and sell??? Are you looking for something in the los angeles area or out of state etc.... ?

Danny Patron
323-979-2784 cell
323-786-SOLD (7653)
PatronSoldit@gmail.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Sep 19, 2010
Hello Benji,

That would depend on your budget. Hollywood and MIracle Mile are great places for income property. You can get a better ROI in other areas such as Inglewood and LA proper. Let me know what your budget is and I'll send you some options.

Monique Carrabba
The Carrabba Group
Income Property Speciallist
mcarrabba@kw.com
(323) 899-2900
Benji

I would be happy to give you some valuable advice on investment buying. Here is a couple of things to think about.

1. Your question is very vague and would be impossible to accurately answer without some more specific information.

2. If you want good answers you ask good questions. I don't think you would appreciate an answer like: u should think buy good area like, berverlyhill.
Hi Benji,

Now is a wonderful time to buy income property--from duplexes to multiunit apartment buildings--deals are out there like never before. I hve a ot of ideas about where to buy, but obviously it depends on what your taste is like... Are you planning on hiring a management company to look after the prerty? I couple of my clients bought Section 8 approved buildings so the rent is guaranteed. Many interesting opetions for you to look at.
If you'd like to talk in depth about buying income property, feel free tocall me at 323-219-4480.

Cheers,
Lynn LeGlaire
(323)219-4480
Web Reference: http://www.lynnleglaire.com
Benji,

To decide what is the "best area" for You, additional information is needed.

As a realtor and MBA that was born, raised, lives and works in Beverly Hills, I am happy to offer you my unique insight. Please feel free to contact me for further assistance.

Greg Gallup
Rodeo Realty
266 N. Beverly Drive.
Beverly Hills, CA 90210
(310) 435-5279
GregGallup@hotmail.com
Definitely be cautious of rent control and other restrictions. There are some areas of the Valley that offer both steady rental plus potential for appreciation. And don't rule out modest income homes because they aren't your own taste Some of the beach communities do pretty nicely too; like the South Bay.

If you need advice on particulars in the Valley I would be happy to help.
JaneyB@realtyexecutives.com
First, identify what type of investment property you're looking for. You should then check with the city's rent stabilization board and learn about the rules and regulations with regard to rent control. Each city is different and this may be a big determining factor for you. Good luck with your search!
Tanaz Akhlaghi
http://www.LifeInBeverlyHills.com
The answer really depends on what you can afford and what your goals are. The best area may be so nice, that the prices are high and you can't make a reliable cash flow from the investment. The highest percentage returns come from the worst areas. What feels more comfortable for you? You have to look at the areas you can afford investment properties in, and figure what combination of percentage return and area quality work best for you. Also, what type of investment do you want: fix and flip, condo rental, house rental, multi-family rental or commercial?

Richard Schulman
#1 Listing and Selling Agent
Keller Williams Westside Realty
310-482-0173
schulmanrd@yahoo.com
http://www.RichardSchulman.com
Keep in mind that opinions are often subjective and what may be good for one is not necessarily the case for another--much will depend on what best means to you--check out area statistics; real estate professionals are prohibited from steering--enticing a buyer to purchase, or not, in specific neighborhoods.