Nabila, Home Buyer in Mid City, Los Angeles,...

hello, i wanted to know if there were any spanish style homes in los angeles. i don't want to spend more that $700,000. please let me know.

Asked by Nabila, Mid City, Los Angeles, CA Mon Mar 14, 2011

Answers

26
Hello Nabila,

First and foremost, thank you for posting a question here at trulia. There are many Spanish style homes in Los Angeles. Have you thought about what cities are of interest to you? Please feel free to contact me by phone, email, or text. I am here to help you.

Melchor Perez
BRE# 01842907
714-401-8879
REALTOR®
Star Real Estate South County
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 24, 2013
Yes,there are many Spanish style houses for sale under $700,000.00,once you define your area that you are looking at ,you could set up a specific search for only Spanish styles homes with the help of a real estate agent ! Good Luck !
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Nov 23, 2013
Yes Nabila,
There are many Spanish Style homes in the Greater LA area that will fall into your price range. It will depend upon location and size. Just let me know if you need more information.
Mack MacReady
mack@kw.com
310-367-4599
The Real Estate Detectives of Keller Williams
4504 Maplewood ave.
Los Angeles, CA 90004
Now listed for $675,000
5 Bed/3 bath 2108 sqft.
Open House tomorrow 07/07/2013 - 1 PM to 3 PM
Call the listing agent Mac Loganda
714 493 0474
Maclons Capital Realty
BRE# 01281688
In Los Angeles, CA there are Spanish stucco homes in Fairfax District, Beverly Center Area, Miracle Mile and Hancock Park districts only to name a few neighborhoods. These homes were generally built from 1920-1940 and have old world charms.

Gail Mercedes Cole
EXP Realty
310.853.9933
Hi Nabila,

I've lived in Eagle Rock for more than 20 years and know the area quite well. There's a lovely one-story Spanish built in 1924 in the Occidental College area in your price range. Original details with beautiful hand crafted built-ins and wood detailing throughout. Curved archways and picture windows. Three bedroom/2bath with almost 1900 square feet.....large grassy backyard. Let me know if you'd like to see it. My office is in Los Feliz. As others have noted...there are many Spanish homes in the surrounding neighborhoods of Silverlake, Echo Park, Atwater Village along with Los Feliz. If I can be of help feel free to contact me.

PAMELA BRULL
DRE #01272164
Keller Williams, Los Feliz
626 840-7392
eclecticlosangeles@gmail.com
Hi Nabila,

In that price range, you should have no problem finding some great choices in the areas you are looking. There are an abundance of Spanish style homes in those neighborhoods. Good luck!

John Barry
DRE #01856079
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
Email: john.barry@coldwellbanker.com
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/RealtorJB
Twitter: @RealtorJB
Hi Nabila,
Your target areas are my backyard! There are several Spanish 3+2's on the market in these areas. Two gorgeous ones in Silver Lake, both newly remodeled (one is brand new to the market and the other has been on the market for 3 weeks and had a small price reduction). Also, another charming one in Atwater with a huge yard (over 8,000sqft) and a beauty in Los Feliz with a good yard (new listing). All have great yards, are within your price range, have beautiful architectural details, and with the romance of the classic Spanish California homes.

I've also got a stellar Craftsman in Eagle Rock...would you be interested in seeing this style also?

Please contact me if you'd like me to send these to you and/or set up appointments to these.
Jayne Clement
Cell)213/309-5005
JayneClement@gmail.com
Boy, would I ever like to have you as a client. I'd definitely sell you a home.
Hi Nabila,

There are many many Spanish style homes in LA and my favorite zip code is 90004. I know just about every street in this zip ccode area adn I know of properties for sale at 200,000.00 to millions and millions.

Call me (323) 219-4480 as I know I can offer you great service.

Lynn LeGlaire
118 N. Larchmont Blvd.
Los Angeles, CA 90004
P: (323) 219-4480
E: lynnleglaire@kw.com
You should pick an agent and have them start sending you listings.
Web Reference: http://www.MadelaineK.com
Have you consider reviewing MLS pictures narrow the search down to community areas

Lynn911 Dallas Realtor & Consultant, Loan Officer, Credit Repair Advisor
The Michael Group - Dallas Business Journal Top Ranked Realtors
972-699-9111
http://www.lynn911.com
We are looking for homes in locations like atwater village, silverlake, los feliz, and eagle rock. We would like to find a 3 bedroom 2 bathroom home. We would love to have a big back yard also.
Dear Nabila,
Yes, there are many "Spanish Style" homes in Los Angeles area. I have seen therm from in every part of town. I would recommend you contact an agent from this site to use as your buyer agent in this home purchase.
Ah....Spanish homes! They're everywhere in LA! My favorites are the ones in the hills...from the Hollywood Hills above West Hollywood going east into the Hollywood Hills near the Bowl, and then continuing east into Los Feliz and charming Franklin Hills of Silver Lake (many with reservoir views). But, there are also Spanish homes all throughout the Hancock Park areas, WeHo has charming Spanish bungalows...and even by the beach areas, Venice, Mar Vista, Playa del Rey and some in Santa Monica. They're really all over the city at every price point.

At the $700k price range you will have many good choices. Feel free to give me a call and we can set up a tour to see a few in your target area and in this price range.
Jayne Clement
Cell) 213/309-5005
DRE#-01877738
JayneClement@gmail.com
Nabila,
Hi... there are lots of spanish style homes in the 700k range... it all depends on the area. What neighborhoods of Los Angeles interest you the most. When you say mid city, do you mean Miracle Mile, Hancock Park or a bit further south near USC? I am always happy to assist. Thank you.
Richard "RJ" Kas (SFR, SRES)
"Representing the finest properties from Los Angeles worldwide"
KAS Properties - Coldwell Banker Previews International - Beverly Hills East
9388 Santa Monica Blvd, Beverly Hills, CA 90210
310.859-5334 office - 310.488.9826 mobile - 310-273-0670 fax ATT: RJ
RichardKas@gmail.com - http://www.RJforLA.com - DRE: 01352771
Sellers Buyers Investors Leasing Consulting
Hi Nabila,

There are many Spanish homes in the zip code 90004 which are close to Larchmont Village in Hancock Park. I know of many homes on the outskirts of this area in the $700,000 range. It would be a pleasure to provide you more information and showing you these homes.

Grant Linscott
cell 323.333.6222
grantlinscottproperty@gmail.com
Since you list 90004 as your desired area, you are right to be concerned, as prices peaked near $1M in 2007. Not anymore. With prices sliding, you are now in an excellent price range. It is time to share your specific needs (beds/baths, etc.) with an agent. I've seen clients go "loco" for the Spanish homes. Combining the gorgeous original details--tilework, exposed beam ceilings--with modern convenience (updated electrical, plumbing) brings top dollar.
Dear Nabila,
Some of the original Architecture built in Los Angeles is the Spanish style home. Should be able to get you into a nice size home here for around 700,000. You can search a little on my website and find out more about the buying experience here by also going on my website under buyers/ sellers option and choose buyers roadmap.

Madelaine Kolisnyk Prudential CA Realty
310 869-1712 / maddy@madelainek.com
DRE#01377862
Hi Nabila,
All are great suggestions from the other agents below.
I would to add Picfair Village to your search:
http://www.picfairvillage.com/index.php?option=com_wrapper&a…
There are a lot of beautiful Spanish homes under 700k there.
Also, there's a section of Mar Vista that's south of Washington/west of Centinela/north of Mindanao/east of Lincoln that has some cute Spanish homes under 700k. I actually know of one that's coming on the market soon.
Good luck and feel free to contact me directly to help you with your search. I've found lots of Spanish homes for my buyers all over Los Angeles.
Suzanne (Suzie) Glaser
LA VILLAGE REALTY
p.310.383.1141 | http://www.LAVillageREALTY.com
RealEstateSuz@gmail.com | lic # 01390707
(a division of Power Brokers Int'l | lic # 01520327)
You should ask your local Realtor. Tell them that you want a Spanish style home and they will do a search and email those properties to you. I do not work 90004 but I would think there might be a few since there are spanish homes scattered throughout Los Angeles in all price ranges. Good luck.
Hi Nabila,

Los Angeles is an architectural kaleidoscope and yes, that includes Spanish style homes!

Spanish Colonial Revival style came about in the early 20th Century and has its US beginnings in the coastal communities of California. The movement enjoyed its greatest poplularity between 1915 and 1931.

Spanish Colonial Revival architecture is characterized by smooth paster (stucco) walls and chimneys, low-pitched clay tile flat roofs and terra cotta or concrete ornaments. Other characteristics include small porches or balconies, arches, tall windows, canvas awnings, decorative iron trim and courtyards.

Notable California Spanish Colonial Revival architects are John Byers, Wallace Neff, Reginald Johnson, Elmer Grey, William Johnson, Lutah Maria Riggs and many others.

Currently there are Spanish homes in your price range listed in Mid-City, Silver Lake, Hancock Park, Los Feliz, Larchmont, View Park and Mount Washington.

Please contact me with additional property specifications and I'm sure we'll have no problem finding you the Spanish home of your dreams!

Lezlie Brazil
T (310) 991-4263
E lezlie@lezliebrazil.com
Web Reference: http://www.lezliebrazil.com
Good Morning Nabila,

It was a little hard to get up this morning due to the time change and all but it was spectacular to see the sun rise I hope you had a chance to see it.
You do not need to spend more than $700,000, you just need to find the spanish style home that's right for you out of the many that are on the market. With a little more information (bed and bathroom count, area and anything that is important to you) I would be able to show you 3 or 4 of the best spanish style homes that are right for you.
Look to the skies on Saturday night.....the moon is supposed to be the biggest it has been for years.

Much luck in your home search,
Jeannette

Keller Williams-Los Feliz
323.206.8537
jeannette.alamilla@gmail.com
Hi Nabila,

There are many areas of Los Angeles that have properties with beautiful Spanish style architecture - you should have no trouble finding a good selection in that price range. The areas Jeffrey mentioned below are some great neighborhoods - I would also consider the Eagle Rock / Glendale / Pasadena area where there are many gorgeous Spanish style homes. Let me if you have any questions about the area... Good luck in your search!

John Barry
DRE #01856079
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
Email: john.barry@coldwellbanker.com
Twitter: @RealtorJB
Los Angeles offers plenty of phenomenal spanish style homes. I would venture to say you cant drive more than a block or three without seeing one :) What side of town are you considering? I'd love to assist you in finding the spanish style home of your dreams!
Feel free to contact me directly. Im happy to help!
Kenya Reeves Costa ABR,SFR
Keller Williams Realty Los Feliz
323.300.1115 office
323.251.8626 cell
kenyareevescosta@gmail.com
There are tens of thousands of beautiful Spanish style homes located within the numerous neighborhoods in Los Angeles. $700,000 is an excellent price range for this style home and you would have a number of areas to consider! Hancock Park, Hollywood, Miracle Mile, Beverly Center, Melrose District, Hollywood Hills, West LA, etc.

I specialize in locating the exact property you desire, so please tell me more!

Jeffrey White
323-251-2296
Keller Williams Beverly HIlls