Home Buying in Santa Clarita>Question Details

Marie Strode, Home Buyer in West Hills, CA

have been offered a job in Woodland Hills and like a home in the Santa Clarita area what is the real time for traveling to the job I know what

Asked by Marie Strode, West Hills, CA Sat Jul 10, 2010

mapquest says but I would like to know from real people thanks

Answers

5
Hello Marie,
There are several factors that will affect your commute. If you live in an area of Santa Clarita with easy freeway access, that will make a big difference. The time you leave for work is extremely important. If you carpool, you will have an opportuniy to take advantage of the diamond lane. Of course, weather and accidents will affect everyone's commute. I always suggest a "trial run". Drive to and from work before making a final decision. If you don't have a friend or relative whose home you can stay at, it is well worth one night in a hotel. This is a big decision.
Dr. Mrs. Marie,

Depends on the time. Traffic is flowing between 9:00am.

In the early morning I say about 1 1/2. To be on the safe side. Again depends if there's no accidents.

Good luck, with your new job, and if your are not working with any Realtor feel free to email me or call me.

Merlin Barrientos
Realtor Associate
Northridge CA 91324
cell 661 713-8780
merlin1@inbox.com
dre#01761948
Another thing to consider is carpool. You have that on the 14 and 5 as well as the 405. Although coming from the 14, you would only be on the 5 a little bit before you hit the 405. Also, the scenic route takes be about an hour or so and all worth the extra 15 to 20 minutes drive because of how it makes me feel.
;b
I'm a Santa Clarita resident (Canyon Country) and used to work on Erwin Street (by De Soto) in Woodland Hills. Coming from the 14 FWY, it takes me 45 minutes to get to work on an 8 to 5 work schedule. If you'll be coming from the 5, it could take you longer. In either case, you should add 15 to 30 minutes when school is on.

If you find your house in the Canyon Country area, there's an alternate route to the SF Valley via Placerita Canyon. It's a very relaxing scenic drive and if you listen to your favorite music (not the news, please), you'll arrive at work smiling.
Hi Marie,

Guaranteed bottle-neck both ways unless you can leave your home before 8am and leave work before 4pm. The fastest part of your commute will be backing out of your driveway.

Seriously, find some flexible hours so you can enjoy more time with family than time on the 405 freeway.