Therippster, Home Buyer in 44620

has anyone sucessfully used realty trac and is it worth it?

Asked by Therippster, 44620 Wed Oct 13, 2010

Answers

5
The only success I've seen involving realty trac is agent's credit cards getting successfully racked up with buyers getting mad at you because they are interested in a home that sold 2 months ago but just showed up on realty trac.

Scott is right. If you are a home buyer, a Realtor is worth it. They shouldn't be charging a buyer anything, and then you have the best services available... services that put these other websites to shame.

Kevin
Hi T. I don't know who has a more horrendous name in real estate, Zillow or RealtyTrac.

I'd stay away from both if I were you. Find a great REALTOR that will get you foreclosures and REOs. I put all of my clients that want these properties on an auto-notification list. As soon as the property hits the market, the same day, same hour, they get an email and I get the same cc'd to me. If they like it, we go see it. If it's something they want, we buy it. It's a pretty simple process.

Forget RealtyTrac, just click on the Find a Pro at the top of this page, put in your city and you'll find lots of quality, experienced agents.

GOOD LUCK.

Scott Miller, Realty Associates, Boca Raton, FL
1 vote Thank Flag Link Wed Oct 13, 2010
I haven't found Realtytrac to be very accurate, at least in the areas I service. It seems to me that they give just enough information to entice someone to sign up and pay a monthly fee for a service to get a list of homes that they could get for free from an agent. They do not have exclusive information so save your money and find an agent in your area.
Again, I agree with Scott. But, I'll put my 2 cents in anyway.
Most of the time, realty trac's information is very outdated. I sometimes get calls about properties that have sold months ago. Find a realtor in your area who can send you an automated list of properties that fits your criteria. Realtors love this option because it requires no additional work on their part. Or, you can use trulia to find properties. Both good options.

Best of luck to you.
Web Reference: http://www.DesariJabbar.com
Keep in mind that RealtyTrac's information may not always be accurate and oftentimes can be misleading--you could be looking at a lis pendens property--notice of default--or some other kind of fee--some of those properties may not be for sale yet, and some may never be, if the default is satisfied by the owner. If you are interested in foreclosures, work with an agent--he/she will have access to reliable information--also don't overlook traditional sales as some may turn out to be a much better bargain than some of the foreclosure properties.