Bluexoeyedxo…, Home Buyer in 08012

has anyone recently brought a home in new jersey with grant money how did you get it ?

Asked by Bluexoeyedxobabi, 08012 Sat Oct 3, 2009

Answers

8
There are several opportunities. The Economic Development offices in both Gloucester and Camden Counties each have programs for down payment and closing cost assistance. There's also a grant program with the state of NJ for the same.
Check with your county housing office dept....a client of mine mentioned this recently...if you contact me directly, I will look into the website...let me know your county...
Ann, ask that as a question. At the right of the question is a box with a gold bar saying ask. On the Q&A page there is also a box to ask questions with at the top of the page. You get better results that way.
NO..i'M LOOKING FOR A HUD PROGRAM..hOW OR WHERE CAN i APPLY FOR HUD?..hELP PLEASE? THANK YOU, ANN M. VESPER
There are state-wide assistance programs such as the NJHMFA Smart Start, Tax Prefund, and other programs, and there are also county specific programs (Gloucester, Camden, Burlington, etc). You can go to NJHMFA's website for more info, but you will still need to locate a lender to help you out with this. From my experience, many lenders do not have these options, and they will try and stear you into another program (USDA, FHA, etc.). For local (county) grant programs, it may be a little harder to get the info, but it looks like you are located in Camden County, NJ. They have a 16 week class for first time buyers. In Gloucester County there is a $10,000 grant program as well.

I work with a lot of these programs on a regular basis, and would suggest you work with someone that is very experienced with these programs. If you have not found that person yet, feel free to contact me. These programs are detailed and take time. You will want to be prepared upfront on all the steps you need to take to qualify for these programs. It isn't very hard to qualify, you just need to take the right steps.
Web Reference: http://njmortgageblog.com
In addition to what was mentioned there is a program that will allow 1st time homebuyers purchasing in Camden County to get up to $10k towards downpayment and closing costs. A potential buyer can even combine this program with one of the State's programs. The key to all of these is qualifying. That is having a sufficient credit score as well as income. These programs are great in that you can greatly minimize your out of pocket expenses if you have limited assets. Feel free to call or email if you will like specific details.

Jeremy S. Hill, Realtor Associate,
Office: 856.685.1651
Direct: 609.876.5817
Fax: 609.482.8235
Licensed PA, NJ
"Your Interest 1st Always"
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 4, 2009
Hi Blue...,
I see that you're in the Blackwood area. In addition to the (up to) $8,000 tax credit which is a national program for any 1st-time homebuyer (or any buyer who hasn't owned for the past 3 years); the NJHMFA has a few 1st-time buyer and other buyer programs for those who qualify. There is a "pre-fund" bridge loan available of up to $5k which allows you to use up to $5,000 of the aforementioned tax credit BEFORE you close on the home! There are restrictions, such as you have to use it for closing costs, not downpayment, but they also have a program called Smart Start which is a grant of up to 4% of the cost of the home which can be used as a downpayment! If you're in an FHA loan product, requiring a minimum 3.5% down, you can see how your costs are covered with combining these programs. The Smart Start program has to be used in a Smart Growth area.

I'm not a loan officer so you should consult with one for the full details, restrictions and recapture components of this and any other programs available. I can think of a couple of other no-money money down loans (but there are always some kind of funding fees -so be aware that no money down doesn't necessarily mean no money out of your pocket).
For direct information on the NJHMFA visit their website: http://www.state.nj.us/dca/hmfa/

Or you may look me up on Trulia and give me a ring for more details!

Best wishes with your home purchase!
Kim Thomas
Realty Executives, Brown & Pope
856-308-5989
http://www.KimThomasHomes.com
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 4, 2009
http://www.realtor.org/government_affairs/gapublic/homebuyer…

Blue,

Are you talking about the $8,000 credit? Have you already purchased? The link above will give you access to the form. Feel free to contact me if you need additional information.

Carolyn Fenton
Realtor, Green Designation
RE/MAX Ridge Real Estate
973-214-2166
Carolyn.Fenton@remax.net
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Oct 4, 2009