Home Buying in South Lyon>Question Details

Lisa, Home Buyer in South Lyon, MI

has anyone purcheased a healy home in mi? just wondering about quality and service.

Asked by Lisa, South Lyon, MI Mon Feb 27, 2012

Answers

14
aweful craftsmanship and customer service. . . Please avoid "dr" healy.
I got duped and I am approaching a Attorney. We lost the happiness of buying a new home.
My wife had tears the way they misguided us.
Double check what they agreed to you verbally and put forth on papers. Be cautious while signing any agreement papers.
Lat thing. E- mail me if you have any questions. m.krysiak@aurubis.com Mark Krysiak
I did and i am very happy with the home. The quality is great, and i was able to get exactly what I wanted kn the house. I should say that my house is very custom with many changes including circular staircase. I am very pleased. I just moved in a month ago.. Sincerely, Mark Krysiak
Hi Lisa,

We've worked with Healy Homes on several occasions and have found they build a beautiful home. As you'll likely find with any builder, some homeowners are going to come away from the experience with praise for the builder and others will come away disappointed. From our experience, most issues can be resolved during the building process. As several other Realtors have pointed out in this forum, working with an agent experienced in the new home construction process can often be the difference in a positive or negative experience.

We would be happy to listen to any concerns you might have about the process and discuss - please don't hesitate to contact us!

Jeff Bortnick
New Home Experts Realty
several issues during & after buiding during warranty. Do not build with ERIKA!!!!! we were not that lucky & buit with her...
We tried to buy from them but Erika would never get back to us after calls and even stopping in she always had an excuse of why she couldn't give us a price on the lot we wanted. It was like she didn't want to sell to us. We had enough and found a great builder with Capital Construction and are so happy we didn't go with Healy.
Has anyone else had issues with Healy during construction?
I purchased one and I am disappointed in the craftmanship and also the services. They are building still in my area and they damaged my property and they still have not come over to fix it. They never even came over to apologize until I confronted them on the issue. The foreman was rude and I even called the company 4 times. Everytime I called, they acted like they never heard about the damage.
Lisa,
When buying new construction you will want to make sure you have a qualified Agent to represent you. An agent that sells new construction will know what "extras" are and are not included. These extra can add 30K+ to a sales price.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Oct 20, 2012
I recently purchased a Healy Home in Carriage Club that was built in 2009. I few things to consider that Jack Healy doesn't include in brand new construction:

You will definitely need gutters, water softener, and landscaping. The water is hard water-- it's a community well even though you pay the County for water/sewer. Most big builders say you don't need gutters but if you don't want water in your basement or your landscaping swept away you will want them.

Other than watching out for those items which you will need with any new construction the neighborhood in Carriage Club is great and if you have young children they would be part of Hardy Elementary. If you have anymore questions about the builder or other developments just shoot me an email or text.
Hi Lisa,

So just specifically what are you wondering about? I sell lots of homes in Michigan.

Judy
810-299-1234
Yes, I have. I would love to meet with you and discuss.
I actually have represent many Builders in the area, and have helped my clients through the process and negotiated upgrades.
Give me a call or send me an e-mail,
Gayle