New Home Buy…, Home Buyer in 92563

has anyone purchased a home from DR horton

Asked by New Home Buyer, 92563 Tue Jun 16, 2009

Did you have problems with the home or the company?

Answers

4
Dear Home Buyer
Has your home buying progressed any? I just read your question and felt your pain. If it makes you feel any better I sold new homes for many years and your story is common. One thing I can tell you is having never worked for DR Horton they do build a nice home, it’s not a custom home but a nice home. With the ever changing market it seems that the timeline is constantly changing on the entire process. Appraisals take longer, loans take longer, in house lenders (if that what you used take longer). The DR Horton Homes in Murrieta are worth waiting for as long as the appraisal comes in at the purchase price. I would ask my DR Horton in-house agent to make you a timeline, this way you can hold them accountable for that timeline and when things change the agent can explain why. I wish you a very happy future in your new home, if you have any questions please email me back and I would be glad to break it all down for you.

Sincerely Corinne Martinez
I am in the process of buying a home in one of their home sites in Murrieta--atleast I think we are (we signed the contract and picked out the colors of everything etc.). The real estate / secretary at the home site are extremely nice and are good about getting back, but the loan officers--ahhh... that's a whole another story. It's been over 2 months and I have not heard anything back. No one returns phone calls or e-mails. When I do ask about the phase of our va loan --the only person I can get to respond back is the people at the homesite and all they say is that no news is good news. Very disappointing. I feel like we are just a number or something. A company should respect you enough to atleast give you a call back or e-mail back --atleast one time with in a 2 month time period. Would not buy from them ever again. Respect and courtousy go a long way. I wish I would have did my homework online before purchasing our home--I would have saw all the other complants and I wouldn't be in this mess!
0 votes Thank Flag Link Fri Dec 4, 2009
Did you have any problems with them or the home after you moved in?
Yes I have bought 2 homes from DRHorton what would you like to know?