Home Buying in New York>Question Details

Luz Quinones, Renter in 10452

hard looking for first apt

Asked by Luz Quinones, 10452 Tue Apr 16, 2013

so am looking for my first apt but it hard do to so much scams going on in nyc how can you know if its a scam or if its not a scam

Answers

11
Sharon D. Nickey’s answer
If you find an amazing apartment in the West Village for $1000 - this is a scam. Check out websites like Remaxnyc.com, to view what are rents in the neighborhoods you like. Then you can confidently use Craigslist if you can not afford the broker fee. Also you can try http://www.nofeerentals.com
i have an apartment and for you to be sure email me on owen.hurley@hotmail.com an i can send you the address to confirm the house
The first work with an agent and be sure you meet them in the office. Dont give any money before verifying authenticity of the agency. Ask to see the license and google the name.
Am looking for an apt to rent how much are you asking for a month and do you have pictures of the apt so I can see
i can answer that i have an apt for sale and also for rent
Thank u everyone for all the help tanuja I will give u a call on my day off do to I work 12hrs a day
Please contact me for assistance. My name is Tanuja and I can be reached at 347-882-0353. Thank you and good luck.
As mentioned. Working with an agent filters out the scamers plus you always get better deals.
Work with an agent. Be careful on craigslist, if it seems to good to be true, it likely is.
Consider working with an agent; avoid being scammed by never exchanging any money without verifying ownership; see link below for helpful information...
http://www.ftc.gov/opa/2009/05/rentalscam.shtm
Hi Luz,

The first step you need to take is to meet with a mortgage professional and get prequalified. The loan officer, will need you last two pay stubs, last two years tax returns and two prior months of bank statements. They will then give you a preapproval letter that informs you of how much real estate you can afford to purchase. You can then meet with a local realtor and they can provide you with a list of properties that meets your criteria. You do not pay a fee to have a buyers agent represent you in your transaction unless otherwise agreed to.

If I can be of further assistance to you, do not hesitate to contact me.

Nirmala Caraballo
Licensed Real Estate Agent
Cruse Realty
Tel.: 646-479-7873
Email: nhcaraballo@yahoo.com
Hi my name is Mamadou
I am looking for an apartment for rent and my income is $1500 monthly. I am 17 years old and a student. my father is willing to sign any paper necessary for the apartment in his name. please any help will be very much appreciated. i can be reached at 6464641520 or mamadoubalde95@hotmail.com. thank you
Flag Fri Jul 5, 2013