Home Buying in California>Question Details

Stephanieama…, Home Buyer in Basking Ridge, NJ

good places to buy a home in california

Asked by Stephanieamato35, Basking Ridge, NJ Wed Apr 17, 2013

Answers

1
Hi Stephanie - the biggest variable is how much you want to spend and what is affordable to you. We sold in Orange County (coastal) for years and it is a great area for appreciation. Some other areas in Northern Cal - Marin, bay area, etc...are also fantastic. Biggest factors are your goals in buying in any place, are you going to live there or is this an investment property, and how much to spend. Hope this helps. Cheers!
Hi Polly.. thanks for the reply. We are living in NJ and the property tax is so high and keeps increasing. I am a plein air artist and just returned from a trip to the Monterey area. The light and scenery is a painters dream. We are currently looking to relocate anywhere in the country that will give us low taxes, great scenery and a nice studio. I guess our price range is from 500-700k. This would be our primary residence. Warm weather would be desirable also.
Flag Wed Apr 17, 2013