Home Buying in Austin>Question Details

Claudius Pin…, Home Buyer in Austin, TX

good neighbourhoods inn and around Austin TX

Asked by Claudius Pinto, Austin, TX Sun Jun 17, 2012

Answers

6
Claudius, a "good" neighborhood can have a variety of different definitions, depending on what you are actually looking for specifically. If you are not yet working with a realtor, give me a call and I can ask you a few questions to try to figure out what neighborhoods might be appropriate for you. That may be based on proximity to work, price range, style of home, type of neighborhood, area amenities, etc. I look forward to hearing from you! Joe Jarusinsky, Keller Williams Realty, 512 261-4415
Hi Claudius,

Good areas are available. Just as others have told you in their comments in this forum.

Depends on where you will be working and whether you would like to walk or drive to work.

Better prices and newer homes are found out in the suburbs and surrounding cities/communities.
Mixed into the interior parts of Austin are really nice updated and in some cases even new homes. Just have to look for them. And of course downtown are the high rise condos which put you into a whole different style of having a home to live in.

I can help you with your searches and would appreciate your call or email. Others posting here would be happy to help you, too. First for you is find a Realtor that you like and who will work to find what you want in a home.

Downtown, 78701.
South Austin, 78704 and 78745 (Travis Heights, Bouldin, Zilker, Cherry Creek, Western Trails)
East, 78702 and 78723
North Central Neighborhoods of Alandale, Rosedale, Brentwood, Crestview

Good is defined by the individual. Elaborate a bit more, and I'll gladly give my opinion, based on your lifestyle and needs. Best of luck in the hunt for home!

Charles Runnels
Real Estate Nerd
Presidio Group Realtors
512.914.0183
Claudius,

It all really depends on what you are looking for in size, budget, and home. There is anything from a master planned community with all the amenities to a pocket neighborhood with older homes and tree lined streets.

Please feel free to contact me anytime, and I would be happy to discuss your needs and suggest neighborhoods.

Steven Nusinow
(512)922-7588
Claudius, what constitutes a "good" neighborhood would depend entirely upon what criteria you personally would use to decide if a neighborhood was "good." Send me an E-mail with your thoughts regarding this and I'll be happy to respond to your questions with information about neighborhoods that might fit what you're looking for. Like any large municipality, Austin is chock full of unique neighborhoods, each with their own characteristics. Then, there are many suburbs that offer a different feel and culture as well where you might find what you're looking for.
I think downtown austin is one of my favorite neighborhoods. That is when you think of walking to about everything you need. There are better schools in other places but no place with the best walkability.