Question Details

Valerio inve…, Both Buyer and Seller in Honolulu, HI

good agreement for everyone

Asked by Valerio invest, Honolulu, HI Fri Feb 22, 2013

HI everyone,
I am looking for properties to buy and expand my portfolio.
I can't sign an exclusive agent agreement just because different agent are each one good in different areas and typology and this agreement make me work only with one agent/broker that actually doesn't work only form me (and that's normal!!).
with different agents I can see new properties every day and work faster and efficiently.
As it 's normal I want every and each agent feel comfortable to work for a reason (commission) fair enough!
can we make an agreement of exclusivity for the shown properties that protects both parties?

Answers

2
Sure!! Why not??
I have 3 dentists that work on separate areas of my teeth.
I have one landscaper that cuts my grass and other landscaper that trims my bushes.
I have 1 plumber for my kitchen repairs and 1 plumber for my bathroom repairs.
and you actually have different doctor working on your teeth..idiot!!
Flag Fri Mar 8, 2013
quite compliments! really useful answer you have to be one of the best and smarter realtor out there..we can see from the picture!!
if you do not have any answer please shut up!
Flag Sat Feb 23, 2013
Another way to do this is to make your exclusivity for a specific town or a group of towns. As for your comment about "this agreement make me work only with one agent/broker that actually doesn't work only for me"..if I am to understand you correctly, you mean the agent may have other buyer clients who are looking for similar properties? If thats the case, the agent still has a duty make all his clients equally aware of any properties that he/she is aware of that meets the clients needs. If this was a major concern of yours, as part of your interview process with agents, you could ask them about their current client list and if they have any other clients currently looking for similar deals to yours..if the answer is no, then you may be more comfortable.

Regarding the agreement of exclusivity for the shown properties that protects both parties...that may not be possible as it defeats the meaning of the exclusivity agreement by limiting it to just shown properties...the intent of the agreement is spell out the exclusive relationship and duties between one agent and the agents clients....

My advice is go with the clause that the exclusivity is for a geographic region, that way you can have multiple agents working in multiple locations on your behalf.