Mickey, Home Buyer in Bayside, NY

generally how many percents reduction i will be able to get if i buy a single familey house in Edgewater NJ

Asked by Mickey, Bayside, NY Wed Oct 21, 2009

Answers

8
Mickey asked this question over 2 years ago...........so, .if you're still here reading this (which is highly doubtful) what did you wind up doing?
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 10, 2011
It depends on how motivated the seller is, how well priced the home is and the current competition. While your question was 2 years ago, the market has changed significantly since then. Gone are the days are huge discounts off of asking price. We are now seeing multiple offer situations and some properties going for over asking price.

Please call me if you still require assistance.

April Hartmann
NJAR Circle of Excellence 2004-2012
Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage
2151 Lemoine Ave
Fort Lee, NJ 07024
201-461-5000 office
201-723-3772 mobile
http://www.luxuryonthehudson.com

Recognized by Realtor Magazine's Top 30 Under 30 for 2008 as one of the top agents in the country. http://www.realtor.org/archives/featurejune08_30u30

Visit me on Facebook
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Luxury-on-the-Hudson-Real-Esta…
If you are making an offer on a house you should try to find out why the seller is selling, how long the home is listed for sale, how many offers they had and if so what was refused. There are many negotiation techniques you can use. FYI Edgewater is holding its value very well compare to other towns in
Bergen County.
I see you live in Bayside NY, if you work in Manhattan, Edgewater is by far a better commute and better community. There are some approved short sales for sale. contact me if you wish to get more information. I hope this answer helps.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sat Dec 10, 2011
It all depends on the sellers current position. For example, how long they have been listed on the market, what are their current expenses including mortgage rate, appraisal values for the building, how many offers they have had, reason for selling, etc. Please contact a local Real Estate agent or call me, Joshua Baris 201-741-4999. I live in Edgewater and am currently serving my 8th term as the Vice President of the Board of Directors for Grand Cove I Condo Association in Edgewater, NJ. I am also a local Realtor with Coldwell Banker Residential Brokerage. I look forward to speaking with you!
Hi Mickey!
It is about supply and demand, It also depends location ,condition and how well a home is priced. It is easy to get comps for most home to come up with a reasonable offer. Right now banks are very strict with appraising a property and most sellers are aware of it. Under the right guidence of a proffessional realtor with experince in the area you will be able to get the most reasonalbe price for your new home. Best regards, MANISHA MEHTA RE/MAX VILLA REALTORS,EDGEWATER OFFICE 201-886-2008 EXT 219 OR CELL 201-575-3503.
It depends on the Property, some sellers are more negotiable than others depending on their needs as to how much they owe and why are they selling. This is the right market to get any reductions and I believe that most homes that are for sale are because they owner needs to sell and knows they will not get as much they would have 2 years ago. The prices in areas like Edgewater have been reduced from years before but they will not fall much lower in my opinion, It will keep value since it is a desireable area with many new developments and it is so close to Manhattan.
Hi Mickey,
I am a local Realtor who works in Eddgewater NJ. I have also lived there for many years and I have investment properties there so I know the market very well. You will save money by hiring a local Realtor who can help you make the right negotiating moves during your buying process. It is important to hire 1 person who can truely understand what your goals are and that is the best way to get the most for your money. I know of a few great buys in Edgewater and there are also a few in the surrounding towns. If you are interested in my help, I am happy to assist you in your purchase.
That depends on the comparable sales and list price. What does your REALTOR say?