Home Buying in Albuquerque>Question Details

Thomas08, Home Buyer in Albuquerque, NM

for a 1,000 sq ft home how much would it be to build from wood, brick and adobe?

Asked by Thomas08, Albuquerque, NM Fri Nov 26, 2010

i need rough construction cost for a simple 1,000 sq ft home from the building materials wood, brick and adobe.

Answers

3
There are alot of great builders in this area, anywhere from 80-95.00 a sq ft I would estimate. Also there is plenty of construction money available to loan for builders and owner-builders. Let me know if I can answer any questions for you.
Web Reference: http://www.vanguardnm.com
Depends a lot on finish as noted, as well as the labor costs, which can vary wildly these days, but I would bet you could get a nice home built for under $90/sqft.
Good Evening, a great question for a builder may I suggest you call the Home Builders Association of New Mexico. You will need a complete set of drawings, type of heating and cooling, flooring, type of roof pitched or flat and type of windows. Ceiling height will be a factor as well as the interior walls and lay out for the type of trusses required. Location is it in the mountains or a sandy lot? will there be ground work needed and how much? I have personally seen prices from $85.00 per sqft for framed housing 2X6, up to $150.00+ for Adobe, brick falls in the middle. I do hope this has been helpful with just over 16 years in Real Estate the prices vary from builder to builder, to craftsmenship of the type of work and how it gets finished in the interior.