Home Buying in Lombard>Question Details

Trish, Home Buyer in Skokie, IL

fisrt time home buyer here. Need a large house 5 beds and 3 baths...in a good area with good schools..where should I begin to search ??

Asked by Trish, Skokie, IL Thu Sep 23, 2010

My husband works in woodridge IL and he is willing to make an hour commute each way to live in the right area with the right home. would love a large backyard and public sewer and water a must.

Answers

8
Dear Trish,

I am a Realtor in the Lombard/Elmhurst area and know that I have a large home with big backyard that may suit your needs. This home is within the Glen Ellyn School district. 5 bedrm/2 bath, remodeled, 2 tiered wooden deck, large yard, swing set, 2.5 garage, extra wide driveway. Lake Michigan water.
To see the listing go to my web-site go to http://www.1979downingst.com (Lombard -near Finley & Butterfield-close to all shopping and restaurants) Open House Sept 29 1-4
http://www.dianemkarpman.com I am with Koenig & Strey Real Living.
I have been practicing Real Estate sales for over 15 years and enjoy working wiht all buyers.
I have clients that would be willing to talk with you to get a scope of my abilities to get the job done.

I look foward to hearing from you.
Diane M. Karpman
847-636-0200
Trish,
For 15 years I have worked with first time home buyers... through a variety of Chicagoland shows Not only are there many steps that you'll need to know, but I also explain why we'll do them. I was a trainer with several real estate companies and make the process easy for you. Having lived and played sports in the all of the surrounding areas that you'll be looking in, I can add some interesting incite into each. Having owned a home improvement company in the 80's, I can address many of your concerns. Let me know if you would like to know more.

Happy house hunting!
Broker Jerry Grodesky
Trisha,

Your first step should be to get pre-approved by a good loan originator so you have a clear understanding of what you can afford. Follow the link below for a great article on what a good pre-approval looks like...it was written by my boss. Give me a call to get started.

Bradley Eggers
Senior Loan Originator
Ardain Mortgage
847-744-0168 (cell)
847-963-1000 (office)
bradley.eggers@gmail.com
I think you should sit down with an experienced realtor in your area and allow them to assist you with your purchase. Being a first time buyer, you need representation. Explain to her that this is your first purchase, and they will refer you to a loan officer who can offer you financing options

Best of luck to you!
Web Reference: http://www.DesariJabbar.com
Trish,

You really should search out the schools so you can decide which area would best suit your family. Once you do this you can call or visit Debra or Mike's websites. You are going to be living in this home for a long time you want to make sure you are in a school district of your choice.

Good luck with your journey - I live in New York but if you find you have any questions please don't hesitate to call or e-mail me.

Rosemarie A. Kozera
Licensed Real Estate Associate
Century 21 North Star Realty

e-mail: callkozera71@gmail.com
Web Reference: http://www.callkozera.com
Hi Trish,
You have chosen an incredible time and location to buy! There are some amazing homes if you choose
to go west. I would love to help you sort through the possibilities. You will find homes that are 5 years and newer at substantial reductions; many with 4-5 bedrooms, full basements, and some may even have 3 full baths! Within your price range, under $300,000.
I work primarily in the western suburbs including Dupage and Kane Counties. Because you do not have a home to sell, you have many opportunities to consider, that are available right now. Great Schools too.
I would love to work with you and your husband, and find the perfect home!
Debra Anderson, CSC, e-PRO, SSP
Broker Associate
Executive Realty Group
630-235-0139
Debi@DebiAnderson.com
Web Reference: http://www.DebiAnderson.com
Hi Trish,

Below is a link to my online property search. I am an agent working in the Woodridge, Lisle, Downers Grove area. The search is pretty interactive with Google Maps so you can get a good sense of where the properties are.

Once you select a few properties you want to take a look at it is best to pick an agent and go out and see them. If you are interviewing agents I'd love the opportunity to talk with you. I've been a Realtor since 1998, grew up in Lisle, live in Naperville and do a good amount of business in Woodridge and surrounding areas. Our office is in Westmont which is right next to Lombard and Villa Park. Let me know if I can help.

Mike Long
Long Realty

PS-The search site is going to ask you to register after a few clicks. Go ahead and leave you information. It goes to me and only me. Thanks!
sorry...forgot to add that it has to be under 300K