sherimize, Home Buyer in Normal, IL

first time single buyer. want to buy a house and live there 6-10 yrs. Is it better in Normal to buy a cookie-cutter in newish subdivision?

Asked by sherimize, Normal, IL Mon Jun 18, 2012

I want to be able to sell quickly. So want property moves fastest in this mrkt?

Answers

3
This question is well over a year old...dated June 18, 2012.
If the goal is to only be in the home a short time I would recommend buying something in an area that has good re-sale. Newer subdivisions sometimes have great deals however they are not always the best choice. It really depends on the area and price range you are buying in. I'd be happy to speak with you more in depth. Give me a call...309-825-6894 or e-mail Hutsonrealestate@gmail.com

Not sure what your definition is of a cookie cutter home in a newish sub, but the most important thing in my mind would be that you buy a home that you really like, whether that is new or old or in a newer sub or older established area. I assume that you are wondering about resale value? If not please give me a call and I would be happy to talk real estate with you. If you are planing on staying somewhere for 6-10 years, by that time inflation should have taken off again, and most homes in most areas of Blo-No will have appreciated. So you should come out ok no matter what you buy and where you buy.

Greg Zavitz
Broker with Coldwell Banker
Heart of America Realtors
309-275-4734
http://www.zavitz.com