Home Buying in Bemidji>Question Details

Tony, Home Buyer in Bemidji, MN

first time home buyer wanting a log home on lakeshore

Asked by Tony, Bemidji, MN Mon Feb 4, 2008

I make roughly 2700/month in Bemidji, Mn. Im a first time home buyer/builder, and want to know if its more economical for me to buy a log home, or build one, or if its even economically feaseable?

Answers

6
Hello!
Our company offers quality log houses from rounded wood. We produce homes according to standard and individual projects of any area.
The average cost is 200-300 Euro per sq.meter.

Waiting for your reply.
If any questions feel free to contact us: v_mikhael_o@yahoo.com

Kindly,
Mr. Mikhael Vasilev,
Lithuania
0 votes Thank Flag Link Sun Nov 27, 2011
Tony,

Todays market makes it more feasible to purchase an existing log home. Things to consider are the cost per square footage, Lot cost, foundation costs, then the maintenance involved. When all of these figures are calculated the additional costs of having to have a driveway and landscaping. Today there are so many good deal properties available from bank own properties and people needing to sell.
Dear Sir or Madam:
Greeting from:
Qingdao Candon International Trade Co., LTD.
We learned that you want to buy log homes. We are an exporter in Qingdao from China. Our major product lines are: wooden house, log homes, log house.
Please let me know with your early convenience if you are interested in our products and like to receive our catalog, pricing information etc, I would be more than happy to provide further assistance.
Please kindly note my contact information at the bottom and I thank for your time.

Ella Zhang
E-mail: Ellaperfect2008@tom.com
MSN:sunshine9818@hotmail.com
Tel: 0086-15954865097
Fax: 0086-532-85826355
Internet fax: 0086-532-86635408
Regarding your ability to build a log home or purchase an existing has a lot to do with your debt to income and if you can handle the dynamics of a construction loan while you continue to pay rent or make a mortgage payment on where you currently live. In the Bemidji market building new is generally more expensive than purchasing existing due to the fact that the Bemidji market has 3 times the number of sellers as we have buyers. In addition building a log home is usually more expensive than other types of construction. I would recommend you talk to a local lender and find out what you truly can afford.
Hello Tony,

A log home on the lake, how exciting and peaceful. If you would like to do some research on log homes I would suggest talking a look at Heim Log Homes out of Kelliher. Ask for Ron Heim he is the owner. My neighbors son works for the builder and really enjoys the process of building the log homes. They recently built a log home to be shipped over seas for a client who found them on the internet.

I hope that helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Good Luck,
Constance Koopman

http://www.constancekoopman.com
Hi Tony.....

I work in the Mpls./St. Paul area, but I'd suggest you speak with a good Moortgage banker and realtor in your area.

They will be able to work out what type and dollar amount of a mortgage you qualify for and the realtor can help you in finding what may be out there in homes that will fit your criteria and price range.

Thanks, Todd Norsted
Web Reference: http://www.toddnorsted.com