Home Buying in Akron>Question Details

tinav92, Home Buyer in Canton, OH

first time home buyer not sure to buy in akron or canton? taxes and water bill alot higher in akron

Asked by tinav92, Canton, OH Mon Apr 1, 2013

Answers

5
tinav92’s answer
thank you for the answers. we live in akron right now. hubby works in akron and i work in canton. i have family in canton and hubby has in akron. my car is better on gas. my friend just bought a house in canton. her water sewer trash bill is $50.00 every three months. she lives in canton city. we have a few freinds that live in akron and their water bill a month is over a $100. im a retail person and the amount we are looking for in our first home is on the low side around $50,000. thank you again for all the answers.
I'm sure you heard the old saying " you get what you pay for " please remember the first three rules in real estate
1. location
2. location
3. location

Best of luck in you new home search
If you work in Akron, cheaper water and or taxes in Canton will not compensate you sufficiently for the extra driving expense and driving time you will incur.

Better neighborhoods sometimes have higher taxes to pay for better schools. Better schools help support home values so that when you are ready to sell, you are more likely to get your investment back..

Find a neighborhood you like and start looking at homes there.

There are many excellent Realtors who would love to help you find your next home.
Do not base your opinion of Akron on the water bill and taxes. Here are some things you should base your opinion on . . . 1) Do you have children attending school? 2) Do you have family in the area? 3) What area in Akron are you looking at? 4) What area in Canton are you looking at? 5) Where is your employment? 6) What type of vehicle do you drive? These are only a few. If I can be of any further help, please contact me at paulawilley.kwrealty.com. Thank you . . . Have a great day!
check out city-data.com. you can get additional data on schools, crime rates, etc to assist you in your decision