Home Buying in Phoenix>Question Details

Alexander Ma…, Home Buyer in Phoenix, AZ

first time home buyer! I need to no step by step what I need to do to by a home I have exellant credit from I need the ins and out on how to

Asked by Alexander Marquez, Phoenix, AZ Sun Feb 19, 2012

in every listing possible! price range 20-30.000

Answers

15
Hey, Alexander,

You sure do have a bunch of Realtors clamoring for your attention in the hopes that you will do business with one of them. And why not? You said you want information and they are all offering to provide information that you want and need. My suggestion is that you give one or two or three of them a call. Chat with them and see if you can get a sense of whom you might be comfortable with. Set up a meeting or meetings to further gage your comfort level with the Realtors with whom you meet. They all want your business. Find out who is the best match for you.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Sun Feb 19, 2012
There are several things you need to do before buying a home. I would find out what your desired comfortable payment gets you in terms of purchase power in your area. Then I would find a realtor to show you some homes. Then I would then see what comparable homes have sold for in the area. Then I would put on my investor hat. I would want to know what the annual rate of return for an investor would be on the homes I like to see if they are over priced, under priced, etc. Then I would want to know how many days on market your selected area has. These simple tools will help you have an enjoyable process. Along the way I would get qualified with a lender. http://www.BrilliantLender.com has an amazing 2% down program that you might enjoy in the Phoenix Market. There are other things your realtor that you choose will guide you through too like home inspections, etc.
I will suggest first qualify (preferably with bank), identify school and driving distance to your employer and start looking for home now. The inventory has dropped from 60K (2007) to 18K (2012). The rate are also low. Call me if you need more info on data and what to look for when buying your dream home.

Kailash Bhatt
Prestige Realty
Web Reference: http://KBHOMESHOP.com
Alexander,

I have published a step by step guide here: http://wp.me/p1CezJ-4O

There is also a downloadable Home Buyers Guide that will take you through the process in full detail at the bottom of the page.

Once you feel comfortable with the process you will need to speak with a reputable Mortgage Professional that you can trust - that is where the rubber meets the road. I would recommend that you get a referral from a local Realtor to that Mortgage Professional as they will have those resources available to you.

Good Luck out there - it is not as scary as the media leads you to believe, and of course if you want to speak with me - please feel free to reach out!

Justin Coleman
Mortgage Professional
NMLS#283650
Web Reference: http://wp.me/p1CezJ-4O
Alexander,

Your first step in the home buying process is to talk with a lend to see what you qualify for and if there is anything that shows up on your credit report that should not be there. You will need a pre-qual form filled out by him to go in with any offer that you make.

Next you will need to be working with a good agent that will take you through all the steps of the buying process. This is why we are experts in our field. We can set you up with a automated search which will send you daily updates of homes that match what you are looking for. This will quickly give you a good idea of the market and soon you will get a feel of which ones are priced right for their condition. You can also search like I do at this link:
http://link.flexmls.com/ua70wacvime,12

If you need any assistance using the MLS search, please let me know. I can help explain how to use it. Most people find they like playing around in the system better than only receiving automated searches.

Once a Realtor gets a feel for what you want, and you have the "pre-qual form" (which can be received the same day you speak to the lender) it is time to start viewing homes. If you are looking in a low price range you will need to realize that your competition will be high. If you are getting a loan and not paying cash, and you are wanting something around $20,000 to $30,000, you will be competing with investors (local, national, and international) all paying cash. Cash is king, so you will need patience. You will most likely make offers and not be the winning offer. Many investors are buying homes under $125,000 (they purchase higher as well but under this gets more activity) and the lower you go the more are snatched up for investments.

Next, if you are looking at condos and doing financing then the next hurdle is that many of these condos will not be able to get financing since the development may have too many rentals in them (which is one thing that your lender will check on) especially the lower priced condos.

Once you get an offer accepted (after negotiations on price and terms), you will have an inspection period, review the SPDS (seller property disclosure statement), review the CLUE Report (insurance claims history), have an appraisal done (these can be problematic at times), review the preliminary title report, review the CC&Rs, crime stats, and the financials of the HOA, give more documentation to your lender, among other things, down to a final walk through prior to the closing date and go to the closing with your Realtor. (Well your Realtor should go to the closing with you.)

These are some of the things that we help our clients through.

Brenda

Ron & Brenda Cunningham
West USA Realty
602-980-3133
**** Recognized in the Phoenix Business Journal as "One of the Top 50 Realtors in the Valley" ****
So do I understand correctly that you're looking to buy a single family detached house, somewhere in the Phoenix area, and you're looking to spend $20,000-$30,000 maximum??
Hello Alexander,

Helping first time and seasoned home buyers is what I do. Buying a home is a big step! Congratulations on your decision to become a homeowner.

I am of the opinion that all home buyers should have a complete understanding of the process and the current market before making one of the biggest decisions in their lives. With that said, the first step we will have to take is finding a lender. I have a number of a great lenders but none better then the financing team of Hunt Mortgage. Hunt Mortgage is a financial broker, meaning they have access to many of the same loan programs as those of the largest banks plus the open market. My loan officer at Hunt Mortgage will patiently educate you with all the available options while focusing on saving you money .

Hunt Real Estate ERA and Hunt Mortgage have just celebrated their 100 Year anniversary of helping residential buyers and sellers. The reason for our success is our focus on Customer Service.

Once we have a price range within your budget we can then focus on the style of home and the area or communities you have in mind.

The purchasing process will be our next step and you and I will spend time understanding the Purchase Contract and how to best capture your ideal home. There are some challenges in dealing with our current market and that's where my decade of experience and business sense will be essential. Once we have found an ideal home and negotiated a winning offer, I will hold your hand through the home inspection, appraisal and closing process.

I want you as a client and I am confident you will not be disappointed with my ability to protect your interest while answering all your question. Please give me a call and we will get started. If I don’t hear from you, I wish you all the best.

Al Rivera
CDPE, Realtor
Hunt Real Estate ERA
1860 E. Warner Rd. Ste. 109
Tempe, AZ 85284
alrivera@cox.net
602-750-7141 Dir
Hi Alexander,

Hey thanks for inquiring about buy a home. Proof of Funds and Financing is of course the first step. If you have already met with a lender and are prequalified to receive a loan, then you are off to a good start. Secondly, we would get to know what kind of property you are looking for and provide you information with what you should know when searching for a property.
It's our job as a realtor to help you through the steps of the home buying process. If your questions have not been answered, just send me your contact me at Cathy.Thweatt@apreus.com

Please feel free to call me at 623 377-6718.
Hi Alexander,

As several have mentioned, getting qualified, that is if you plan on financing, would be the very first step. So speaking with a lender first is a great start.

More importantly would be teaming up with a competent Realtor! They can not only guide you step by step through the process, but will be able to help you with locating the right home for you. Also, they can aid in the valuation process to help deciding on a purchase price to offer. You wouldn't want to pay too much for a house than you needed to would you?

If you have any questions, feel free to contact me directly. You can also search for free and view all homes listed for sale in the area directly from my website. There is no obligation.

James Wehner
West USA Realty
480-323-5462
http://www.jameswehner.com
The first thing that you should do is talk to a lender and find out what you will need to get pre qualified. Once you get that done you need to find a local real estate agent and talk to them about what you are looking for. I would say to call around to some local agents and see who answers their phones and how long it takes for them to get back to you because some agents work through the week and can't answer their phones.
Hello Alexander,

Most importantly you need a letter of per-qualification which I can assist you in getting. Next you need to work with an experienced realtor who is willing to spent the time in showing you properties but as importantly explain to you in detail the meaning of the various forms and addendum's required when placing an offer on a property.

I am a licensed Real Estate Broker with over 20 years of experience working first time home buyers to make their home buying experience once that is fun and in compliance with all laws in regulations.

I will be happy to assist you in finding your home. You may reach me at my cell 480-466-0264 or via e-mail at milly@millycasas.com.

I can set you up to receive the MLS listings (same information available to realtors) if you provide me your e-mail address, areas of interest, purchase price, number of bedrooms and bathrooms and any other feature you are looking for your home. Or if you prefer you can register at my website MILLYSELLSAZ.COM to receive the same information.

Milly Casas
I would be happy to help you with that. Check out my website. There is a lot of information there on buying a home and applying for a mortgage. Give me a call if you would like to see some homes.
Evelyn Thorn
HomeSmart Real Estate
480-248-4577
Hi Alexander. I have a step by step overview of the home busting process and we love helping people buy their first home. You can find the guide on our web site listed below.

Http://www.urbanconnectionrealty.com
Alexander,
I would be happy to walk you through the home buying process.
And offer you a booklet with a description of the steps.
Please give me call or email me,
Steffy

Steffy Hristova, MBA, SFR, Realtor®
HomeSmart
Tel: (480) 966-9353 Fax: (480) 247-5948
3131 E. Camelback Rd. #125
Phoenix AZ 85016
http://www.talktosteffy.com
Web Reference: http://www.talktosteffy.com
We aren't in your area, but check out our buyers guide (linked below). There's some good tips and step by step info in it. Good luck.