Home Buying in Philadelphia>Question Details

Zura, Home Buyer in New York, NY

first time buyer, please help with documents.

Asked by Zura, New York, NY Sun Jul 7, 2013

Hi , i am a first time buyer and going to buy a house in Philadelphia. what do i need to know or what documents should i check before buying a house?
Or could anyone please tell me where to find the mentioned information.

Answers

7
You need to be represented by a Realtor in Philadelphia,Pa Call me for a FREE nocharge consulation in my office or a location of your choice 215-725-5700 X49

Philip J. Cunningham Sr.
V.I.P. Realty Corporation
7942 Bustleton Ave
Philadelphia, PA 19152
215-725-5700 X49
267-934-1971
PhilCunningham2004@yahoo.com
Web Reference: http://www.GreatPaRE.com
What you need is an experienced buyer broker who will be able to assist you and make sure that your transaction is as smooth and easy as can be. I've attached a link below on how to find one.

Good luck and happy house hunting.
You should be using a buyers agent to assist you, they have the knowledge and the documents that you will need along with lender information to assist you in finding a good solid lender in the area.

Best wishes.
Hi Zura, feel free to email me or give me a call. I'd be happy to consult.

Eric Axelson, Associate Broker
Kurfiss Sotheby's International Realty
856.617.1212 m
axelson@kurfiss.com
Web Reference: http://SellingPhilly.com
Good morning,Zura;
Mortgage pre-approval is one of the first steps in the purchase process.
The documents needed for this will be 2011&2012 w-2s,two most recent bank statements and two most recent paystubs.If you are self-employed/independent contractor,you will need 2 past years of tax returns along with the bank statements and 1099s.
With that being said,if you fo not habe a job set up here in Philadelphia,it will be very difficult to get mortgage.
At the sametime you are dping the
above,you will want to meet with a knowledgeable Realtor who can co-ordinate the entire buying process .
For your knowledge,i am a lifelong resident of Philadelphia and a fulltime Realtor for the past 16 years.
As mentioned above,your employment situation here in Philadelphia will have a great bearing on the rest of the process.
Please call me so we can discuss this further.
Don Sherman-
Century21 Advantage Gold-Castor
Cellphone-267-716-8228
Email-realtor94@gmail.com
.
Zura you do not need to start by hiring an agent. Your first step is to meet with a Loan Officer. You'll need your 2011 & 2012 tax returns including all pages and W-2 forms, 4 most recent pay-stubs, 2 most recent bank statements to all accounts, and if you have available include 12 months cancelled rent checks, and 2 forms of ID. This is about 90% of what you'll need.

Once you have sent this to your Loan Officer, he/she can then advice as to any other documents that are needed. Good luck!

If my response was helpful, consider clicking BEST ANSWER!

Javier Meneses
Senior Loan Officer
STERLING NATIONAL BANK
310 Crossways Park Drive
Woodbury, NY 11797
jmeneses@snb.com
(516) 606-9648 Cell
(516) 740-4478 Office
(516) 918-5383 Fax
Your loan officer is the person that will guide you through the loan process. Finding a loan officer close by makes this process easier because the faster you get them the documents they ask for the faster the loan can be sent to the underwriter for approval.