Home Buying in Oxnard>Question Details

ro75eser, Renter in Oxnard, CA

first time buyer no down payments

Asked by ro75eser, Oxnard, CA Tue Feb 14, 2012

Answers

3
Hi, I would recommend contacting Fred Gruber at First Rate Financial Group and talking to him about the CalHFA loan with CHdap grant for down payment assistance. You can email him at Fred@FredGruber.com or call 800-620-8802. Once you have a loan program you are prequalified for, please contact me through Trulia or my web site if you are interest in East Ventura County (Camarillo, Simi, Moorpark, TO). If you are interested in Oxnard, which I see you note as your current location, you cant do better than Barry for assistance. He is a very good Realtor for Oxnard.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Tue Feb 14, 2012
No down payment?
OK, so........

What about savings?

If you have no savings, don't even think of buying a home - I don't care what others might tell you!

I'm not trying to sell you anything or pushing one of my listings................

Owning a home is more than just paying for the mortgage and taxes......things break........you won''t have a super to call in to fix things..........price a new roof or furnace, and ask yourself what you would do if you needed to replace the roof on your home, or put in a new furnace...........if you do not have a cushion (savings), you will be putting yourself on thin financial ice!

Talk to a mortgage broker and become informed about financing.........learn about the home buying process.........and while you're doing all of that, start saving if you haven't already done so!

There are programs and creative financing approaches. You would want to explore these and then get prequalified.