Home Buying in Edgewood>Question Details

Toleto, Home Buyer in Edgewood, MD

first time buyer how to get started

Asked by Toleto, Edgewood, MD Tue Jun 19, 2012

Answers

12
Hi Toleto,
Get qualified by a lender or proof of fund, contact your realtor. if you don't have one please feel free to call me, i will be glad to help. (443) 731-2197
Hi Toleto!
I can help guide you through the process. I am an agent based in Harford County who loves helping First Time Home Buyers. Give me a call at 443-417-6493 and we can talk about what needs to be done to get you in your first home.
Hi Toleto,

The first step is to be qualified by a lender, and then we will know from that what programs you might qualify for as a first time buyer. I work in your area, and my office is nearby, so if you would like to arrange an appt to meet with one of the lenders I work with, just let me know.

Vicki Hay
Long and Foster Real Estate
Abingdon, MD 21009
410-459-3100
I agree with the previous answers. I would also suggest you attend a first time homebuyer class at a HUD approved housing counseling agency in your area. You can locate one by going to http://www.HUD.gov. These 8-hour classes are required for all state and local down payment assistance programs. In addition it will give you a very good overview of the home buying process and what to expect. From there you should select a realtor and a lender (if you plan to use a particular program make sure the lender you select offers it) and you'll be on your way! Good luck.

Lisa Miller Scott
Sellstate Dominion Realty
301-642-4469
Hi Toleto,

I posted a blog sometime ago that my answer some of your questions

http://www.trulia.com/blog/Agent_Akil/2011/11/are_you_ready_…

if you are looking for agent to assist you or you have any questions feel free give me a call.
Toleto-

The best way to start the process is to schedule a consultation with an ABR designated agent- that is an agent that is an Acredited Buyers Representative. I have my designation but am too far from Edgewood to help you- I can, however ,refer you to an agent in that area that will walk you thru the steps and introduce you to a lender that will determine what loan would work best for you. My cell is 301-785-1995 Look forward to hearing from you!
Best way is to vist http://www.FREEListingBook.com/ and sign up for your FREE Account to start looking for homes that are directly tied to our REALTORS Multiple Listing Service. From there you can search for homes, place homes in your Favorites folder and communicate with me directly. I look forward to hearing from you!
I agree with both answers and will expand just a bit. When I work with a First time buyer. in industry lingo my first question is "what payment can you afford, or where do you want your payment to be" Not how much home can you afford. We can all get qualified for more home than we can truly afford. The rest is just like they said below, credit, income, assets etc.
One other question for any loan officer is what type of first time buyer programs do you offer? There are grants out there to help and people don't know about them very often. I use one called FHLB and if you fit in the window it's a great program. Hope this helped and please let us know if you need more information.

Brent Mendelson
Senior Loan Officer
1ST Mariner Mortgage
O-240-235-5314
C-301-412-0259
F-240-235-8236
Bmendelson@1stMarinerbank.com
Lending in all 50 states
nmls#111407
Getting in touch with a good lender and establishing your purchase power is step one. At the same time you will want to discuss with your lender and real estate agent about programs that are readily availble for 1st time homebuyers. These programs are great if you need assistance with down payment and closing cost help. Not all lenders particapite in all programs, this is where your agent can help guide you. Program availibility may depend on where you want to purchase (which county).
If you need help weeding through the process, feel free to contact me. I would be more than happy to assist you.
Hi Toleto!

You will need to speak with a lender to find out what you may qualify for. A licensed real estate agent may be able to help you find one!

Sitting down with a real estate agent and learning the home buying process is a very important step if you've never bought a house.

My team would be happy to help you! I have a few lenders who are very good about helping first time homebuyers understand the best choices for them.

Please let me know if we may be able to help you further.

Thank you!

Marney Kirk
Keller Williams Excellence Realty
Interview with a Realtor to see who you like and who works well with your personality.
You should like and trust your Realtor.
I schedule a Buyer consultation with all my buyers first, before we do anything. It's an opportunity for you to understand the whole process upfront.
Please let me know if you would like to talk.
Fran
Step #1 = contact a lender to see if you can borrow money and how much.