Foxie, Home Buyer in 99337

federal employee programs

Asked by Foxie, 99337 Thu Mar 15, 2012

My husband works for USDA and I was wondering if there are any home purchase programs for federal employees?

thank you
foxie

Answers

4
I don't know about a program specific to a federal employee but, if the area you are looking to purchase in qualifies for the USDA program, it's been a very good loan for my clients. It's really the last of the zero-down programs available and has some real advantages, even over FHA. You can go to the single-family section of the USDA site and view a map outlining the areas in the Tri Cities that qualify, or even type in the address of a particular home and it will tell you if it qualifies.

I've worked with 2 different loan officers here that do USDA and both have been able to close the loans in under 45 days. I've even done 2 transactions that were new-construction using the loan. By structuring it correctly, the loan's closing costs can be covered by the builder/seller and it then really is a no cost purchase.

I don't know if you were looking at a program like this specifically, but there you go! Feel free to contact me if you have any other questions! You can find my information by clicking on my picture.

And good luck at finding your new home!

Aaron Johnson
Tri City Home Team
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 15, 2012
Thanks so much. My next question was can it be a newly constructed home. I couldnt tell on the site. I was wondering how others were feeling about this loan and if there were problems later.
Flag Fri Mar 16, 2012
Hi Foxie,

I checked in with my trusted lender and his response was below.

There are USDA loans if he purchases in the right neighborhood and VA loans if he is a veteran. Other than that there is conventional and FHA loans. I'm not aware of anything specifically for Federal Employees but would be happy to talk with him.
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Mar 15, 2012
As a federal employee for 30 years and a real estate agent for 18...I can tell you that there are no programs for federal employees. Feds are just buyers....no more...no less.
Well, USDA may be a great place to start if eligible. Am doing one know and although the process is much longer, it certainly has great benefits to the Buyer!