Home Buying in 30097>Question Details

Dormangladys, Home Buyer in Duluth, GA

entitled to half of the house if my wife is the only person on the mortgage but i make all monthly payments.

Asked by Dormangladys, Duluth, GA Thu Oct 4, 2012

Help the community by answering this question:


Rick Musto’s answer
My colleagues are spot on...you should consult an attorney about this. If you need a referral I can help you out...I know a number of good real estate and divorce lawyers. Just give me a call.

Rick Musto, Managing Broker
Buckhead Home Realty
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 4, 2012
It's who is on the deed that matters. A lot of times a property will close in the name of the person who is taking out the mortgage, but then the closing attorney will file a quit claim deed to put the property in both the husband and wife's names.

I would recommend you get some legal advice...are you going through a divorce?

Katherine L. Morrison, Realtor
Team Realty Group
404-697-4626 (direct)
1 vote Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 4, 2012
Definitely get legal advise. Realtors are not attorneys and the best thing any of us can offer up to you is, "Seek legal counsel."
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Nov 1, 2012
You would need to consult an attorney for any legal advice.
0 votes Thank Flag Link Thu Oct 4, 2012
Search Advice
Ask our community a question
Email me when…

Learn more

Copyright © 2016 Trulia, Inc. All rights reserved.   |  
Have a question? Visit our Help Center to find the answer