Mrs. Earth Q…, Home Buyer in Port Richey, FL

does your credit score matter when assuming a mortgage and are there any assumable mortgages in florida?

Asked by Mrs. Earth Quake, Port Richey, FL Sat Aug 13, 2011

Answers

4
Despite what people say there are homes that are assumable. Even if the chances are slim it is worth the chance to inquire.
I have a home listed for sale in New Port Richey that has an assumable mortgage. Yes your credit score will be a factor. you need to qualify with the lender in order to assume the remainder of the loan. Assumable mortgages are hard to find.

If you need help qualifying for a mortgage I know a great mortgage lender in Port Richey that can help you. Give me a call and we can talk about your options.

All the Best, Mike.
I would bet very heavily against finding any assumable loans;

If I was a betting man.
Hello. I am a realtor ® located in New Port Richey and yes... it does matter to lenders and will look at your credit to see if you are qualified.

One way to find out is if you are working with a realtor ® ask him or her to look for it in the Multiple Listing Service (MLS) under "financing available." The seller will list "assumable mortgage" if they are offering it.

Or... for For Sale By Owner (FSBO) you can always ask the seller if they are offering it as an option.

I hope this helps.