Home Buying in Linden>Question Details

yoyo, Home Buyer in Union, NJ

does orchard terrace in linden flood. Does the seller have to disclose that?

Asked by yoyo, Union, NJ Sat Jun 8, 2013

Answers

7
Hi Yoyo,

Please check with FEMA and your realtor who may have access to such information in his/her multiple listing system. If you check with a home insurance company, they can probably tell you if flood insurance is required which will provide you with additional information.

Take care,
Ellen Kippel
Weichert Realtors
914-588-2365
Orchard Terrace in Linden is not a flood area.
I have someone in my Flood insurance department that can check for you if something has ever been in a flood area. If not he has a certification that he can give if it isn't.
Yoyo,

In addition to servicing Linden, I also live here in town and Orchard Terrace is not located in a flood zone. There was no flooding along Orchard Terrace during Hurricane Sandy. If I can be of any assistance, please contact me at your convenience.

Ron Sheedy
(732) 239-7452
Hi Yoyo,

Even if seller doesn't disclosure, your realtor should know how to check if house is in flood zone.
According to floodsmart.gov, this house is not in flood zone.
Also, when financing a house, your lender will check if house is in flood zone, since lenders lend you the money, they will proptect themselves by checking zone flood, among other things, and will force you to pay flood insurance if the house is in flood zone.

Hope I answer your question.

Warmest Regards.

Miriam Raide
Exit Realty Premier
Bus: 908-486-9399
Fax: 908-486=9054
exitrealtypremiernj.com
miriamraide@yahoo.com
We as Realtors® have a website to see if a home is in a Flood Plain. Am fairly certain your insurance company would be able to check as well.
yoyo,

Rather that expecting the seller to disclose anything that you are concerned about......why not just ask the seller via your agent your direct questions and do your own personal investigation to support this information. Most local fire and police departments and insurance companies will have this information on record.