Home Buying in Fort Mitchell>Question Details

Monica, Home Buyer in Fort Mitchell, AL

does being a 100% va recipian help with purchasing a house?

Asked by Monica, Fort Mitchell, AL Tue Feb 9, 2010

Answers

8
Yes it does. It saves you a bunch of money.
thank you john burke, I served from 9/2008-8/2011 and my dd214 reflects i was honorably discharged. Would you know the time limit needed?
can prior service get a VA loan?
Yes it does help in buying a home... VA allows a buyer to borrow 100% of the purchase price of the home. Most buyers have to put money down when purchasing a home.
Monica,
Being eligible for 100% VA loan is great. You have a wonderful advantage:
no private mortgage insurance
no dowpayment
low interest rate
If I can help you in any way, please give me a call. I am a full time realtor servicing Ft.Mitchell, Phenix City, Smiths, Salem, Columbus and Ft. Benning.
Nancy Jordan
RE/MAX Prime Realty
http://www.HomesGAandAL.com
706-536-4392 cell/706-327-6111 office
A VA loan is one of the most popular options for those moving to Fort Mitchell and the areas surrounding Fort Benning. As a matter of fact, nearly all my buyer clients in Fort Mitchell use their veterans eligibility to finance. It is a great option beacause of the terms: No money down, no private mortgge insurance and low interest rates. On top of that, your family can still take advantage of the $8000.00 tax credit if you have not owned a home in the last 3 years and meet the other requirements.
Most sellers welcome a buyer that uses VA financing. I have no issues and the transaction usually goes seemless.
Monica,

I'm assuming your referring to utilizing your VA Certificate of Eligibility for financing your home(?)

Usually the order of preference is 1) Cash; 2) Conventional; 3) FHA; 4) VA when seller's accept offer's.

Your agent should know what you're up against when submitting your offer. If written well, your offer could definitely be accepted.
Web Reference: http://www.weberhomes.info
If you plan to use your Veterans Benefit yes it is helpful.If you plan to use a buyers agent then let them give you list of lenders they have had on time closures with who will process the VA Loan for you. It often takes a bit longer than other loans so you will want to start the process especially if you plan to use the tax credit. I hope this was helpful.